Pressure gauge shopping

Hey guys im attempting to set up my SPD and already had to return a pressure gauge manifold simply because it didn’t read microns. Sure i prob could’ve converted the units given but with this process being terrifying enough i decided not to add additional hurdles. Any suggestions on inexpensive gauges? How about the one in my link?..
Testo 552 - Digital Vacuum/Micron Gauge with Bluetooth (Part Number 0560 5522 01) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJHRWGV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gjD4CbEBHVESY

1 Like

I’m a cheap ass and went with this till i can afford a better unit it has a 1/4 npt fitting

1 Like

iI looked at that but when it comes to reading microns it looked way too cheap

Agilent 531 sensor reader would be my absolute minimum. Bullseye or yellow jacket 69075

2 Likes

just saying, lol. worked for me i’m not a full on micron wheeny yet …

I was just going to get the datasheet whitepapers for a good sensor and write code for a microcontroller and small display with vacuum solenoid N2 purge inlet

5 min Arduino project or rasp Pie

1 Like

The code is already posted on here for Arduino and pirani sensors which are far more accurate than these TC type sensors. They are piezo based

Thats what I meant lol but I’d Rather just write my own copying and pasting doesn’t work for me usually just easier to rewrite in my own fashion and suit my needs

Thank you @square_root_pharms and @ToOmUcH!! Ill go with the device u listed. I noticed there’s no vacuum hose valves. Excuse my numb noobness but where would i plug that into? Directly to my pump?

Sorry I didn’t mean the program was written merely the interface for reading the pirani sensor I tagged you in that thread

Hey bud couple examples they use a KF-25 Vacuum to 1/4 NPT male
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prceise-1-4-Male-NPT-X-KF25-Flange-Stainless-Steel-304-Vacuum-Adapter-MNPT/321779286090?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

@ToOmUcH thank u very much for your time! I can’t help buy wonder, after adding up all 3 items, won’t i be near the price of a Bullseye gauge??

it depends what your doing

how did you want to construct your forline for your vacuum system

My whole point was I got away with less but I’m def going for the Upgrade with higher precision and writing an application and logging of process time temp vac curves and hopefully be able to export it to excel for Documenting all my runs in the near future

Buy a used 69075 should be less than 150

I decided to go with a decent gauge @square_root_pharms that is used. Im pretty sure I’ll need one of those adapters u mentioned @ToOmUcH

1 Like