Pre roll filling machine

So we tried so many filling machines. Does anyone know of which is the best? The vibration table with the 85 king size comes works decent but u still have to pack it down and twist takes about an hour to do 85. We are looking for a machine that we don’t have to pack down just take out and twist does anyone have recommendations? And if so have you used them before

1 Like

Let me know!

1 Like

Do you have machines?

nah but we want to get one

Do you have machines?

The futurola knockbox looks good. we might grab one up but before we do we’re looking to see if anyone knew if a good one.

2 Likes

I noticed we had a processor in solitary today…running the futurola knock-box on his own for 8hrs (at a guess, I didn’t check but twice).

I can certainly get you real world numbers. I’m pretty sure it’s load, press, twist.

edit: see post by @Akoyeh below. Apparently it was only 4hrs in solitary…

That wiiid be great to know. So they still have to pack it down before the twist? How many does he do in an 8gr shift? Thanks bro

1 Like

I have been told by other processors that the knockbox isn’t much better than a standard smokcones machine. The bottleneck is not as much filling the joints with herb, as much as it is twisting, packaging and labeling them.

If you wanted a budget version, you can find concrete motors on Amazon which provide a vibrating base for a small table, and you can even make something that sits on top to hold the joints for probably $200. Otherwise, the smoke cones setup is about $1200. Knockbox is about $3k

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008IJQLZI

4 Likes

I have the same one off another website for like 1100 but I still have to pack it down a little before we can twist. I herd with the knock box you can just twist there’s no packing it down a little. And we don’t fold them down ( Dutch crown style ) because we then oil and kief them. So we hold the twist too instead of the mouth peace and it also smoke better with the pack and twist.

2 Likes

Yes, you still have to pack the pre-rolls, but we do not twist, we fold and press the tops making a concave depression at the tip. It saves a bit of time, assists with the packing of the joint, helps it light better, and looks way more professional. How many finished in a day depends on whether the pre-rolls need to be packaged and labeled. Yesterday on the Futurola that Cyclopath mentioned, the individual finished a bit over 350 in 4 hours without packaging or labeling. A team with four people should be able to get at least 1000 packed, folded, tubed, and labeled within an 8 hour day.

6 Likes

I have a futurola knockbox barely used along with 47000 cones, 5 cases of kings and 5 cases of slims.
Liquidation the entire package for $5500.00 Plus shipping

I have a NEW never used Futurola Knockbox 2 door sale $3,500. Shipping not included, located just outside Seattle. info@seedscience.net

Hey there! My friends and I are actually working on a prototype for a fully automatic pre-rolling machine that packs tight and then puts the preroll into a standard tube. The only thing is that I am pretty sure it would cost a ton already spent like $30k in R&D…How many of these things do you think we could sell to bring the cost down? I’m thinking maybe 100 in total of all the legal states?

2 Likes

When painting and throwing kief on the joints, what is the best way?

2 Likes

We are a group of technical engineers that have been solving challenging problems for food, beverage, nutraceutical and healthcare companies since 1970. Our focus is automated packaging equipment and over the last several years we have applied our experience to the cannabis and CBD/Hemp industry and it has been a lot of fun. Perhaps one of our latest solutions might be of interest - it is an Automated Cone Rolling System.
You can check out the video here:

Trying to post a link to a video of the Pre Roll Machine, but having difficulties.
You can go to VIMEO and search for video 333216355.

https:// vimeo. com/333216355

My knock box quit working after 2 years. Took it apart to find that its made of three 4" mini sub-woofers. One of the speakers dry rotted. Looked up the number on the back of the speaker and found it to be a cheap woofer from India that cost 60 rupees. Ended up taking it to a car/audio company nearby and they replaced all the speakers and remade the audio box to send out a customized frequency to make it pack faster. They charged $1000 but that beat replacing it for a new one.
The Futurola is a nice machine and I wouldn’t know where to start if trying to build one from scratch. This is just some info on how to fix it instead of buying a new one. :wink:

8 Likes

Hey, are you still running the Futurolla? I’m trying to get an idea of how many pre-rolls can be produced per hour. Futurolla advertises 1000 cones/hr but obviously that isn’t the bottleneck of the production. Is the 350 units/4hrs per person a realistic estimate? Seems low…

I haven’t worked with the knockbox for about a year, now. I think that starting your expectations low when you start is not a bad idea, but you should be able to get more than that churned out in a 4 hour time period. Part of this will depend on how you are packing the cones and what your method for closing is. Having people work on different parts of the process at the same time will also speed that up. Packing and closing the cones takes longer than anything else (unless . @RedundantAlexithymia suggests:

Tricks of the trade - #322 by RedundantAlexithymia

Maybe they will have a better idea of what throughput should look like with some tricks to speed up production. Sorry I’m not more help on this one.

1 Like