Pre Distillation prep advice

Brute force huh? Been there.

There are other ways of mixing it up in kegs…

Except those Delta kegs are based on yeast brinks And have that 1.5” ferrule down low on the side…so methods 1-3 are out :thinking:

There are cheaper places to get it. Don’t get fooled by the DC408, which is shorter. Or get one that isn’t stainless.

Put it on a decent drill and it will do a great job mixing biomass in a keg too.

4 Likes

@cannabuilder yes the pig has x10 7" plates.
Not currently using any aid with the papers. But will definitely get some asap. Thank you for the link!
How many times is would be a filter it out? I was thinking 1 to save time for rn

@jimmytian8 yeah this was only micron we had on hand at the moment. Plan on doing a 25 micron first than winterizing it for the .5micron. Or should I be winterizing prior to the first pass too? Atleast for the biomass. Gna have to winterize the rest of the crude “again”
@cyclopath haha yeah I was thinking the same thing. Just did that for the moment but plan on definitely getting that for homogenizating it

Smoky Lake Maple Filter Press - 7" Short Bank Stainless Steel - How To and Review - YouTube the second half of that video will give you a good idea of how to run it with the DE mixed in. The recirculation is important to building the filter cake properly. Go ahead and use the .5micron paper to pick up loose DE while you’re getting your technique down. You can actually add a bit more than I initially told you, around one (8oz) cup per plate. When you’re done filtering, run a 5 gallons of chilled clean ethanol behind it.