Powdery Mildew

Hey everyone,

I’m a Grower over in OK. I am somewhat new to this State and am still trying to dial in my setup. I am having a very difficult time overcoming powdery mildew. I have researched quite a bit and have tried some techniques but am still battling it constantly.

I have an indoor setup, roughly 10,000 sqft. all together, separated into different buildings and rooms for staggered harvests.

Has anyone had success getting rid of PM?

Thank you,
Josh

Spray, spray, spray! Clean, clean, clean! You need to start your spraying cycles in your nursery and go through till you flip to flowering. Never miss a scheduled spray (every 3 days is what I usually do). When you cut a room down, bleach the shit out of it! Everything! You won’t likely ever get rid of all the spores flying around your grow, but you can mitigate the negative effects. May want to up your filtration on your intakes and filter the air between rooms/halls.

Try to find genetics that have PM resistance. You probably brought the PM in with your fist plants. If you bought clones to start, they likely gave it to you. It is an almost unavoidable problem, but now that it is in your building, it will always be there!

What you spray is up to you, but I always try to keep it as organic and non-toxic as possible. Best of luck!

4 Likes

clean every square inch, go on amazon and order yourself a gallon of benefect, this stuff works wonders for mold remediation, do not spray it on plants tho.

1 Like

Good air circulation, air filters, and low humidity.

2 Likes

Make yourself some Labs and spray it religiously. If you culture your plants with good bacterias the bad one’s will have a much harder time getting a foot hold.

2 Likes

I have a sulfur burner, but I haven’t had to use it.

Sulfur burners vaporize sulfur and blow the mist onto plants, coating them and the mildew . Sulfur kills mildew and prevents its spores from germinating, which prevents the infection from spreading. The first time you run a sulfur burner , turn it on overnight and let it run for 12 hours.

Sil-Matrix works for me as a fungicidal spray backbone. I make sure anything I spray has Sil-Mat in it. Follow the label exactly. Eliminating it in veg and cleaning your rooms are really the only way to keep it out of your flowers. Make sure you aren’t causing dew with your air management system.

Filter any and all air using UVC. Be super careful with uvc, it can and will cause very serious side effects to any living thing.

Dm me more more info
I make custom uvc boxes for growers

5 Likes

Increase air flow, uvc will help kill spores in the air but they are literally everywhere all the time unless your grow is in a semiconductor clean room. PM is easier to prevent than it is to clear up, increase your air circulation through the canopy, trim undergrowth to increase air movement, clean everything with h2o2 3% solution, spray plants with h2o2 3% solution and rinse with RO water with potassium bicarbonate.

2 Likes

Airflow and temp/humidity a big factor

Regalia and zerotol are good

Cleannnn like most suggested. sanidate 2.0 and prokure are awesome products

UVC products can help on the preventative side also have neg affects on plants and people thou (need proper calcs)

Out of interest. If one did have PM. Surely if you extracted some material with PM its just concentrating the spores? Or do they die off from the solvent?

Filter the spores out

1 Like

Chlorine Dioxide. You need to systemically purge each room with either ProKure packets or hire someone with a ClO2 generator to come in and fumigate the spaces. Speaking from experience I’ve never seen any off the shelf products do a good job of completely annihilating PM and keeping it from coming back at scale quite like ClO2 will. You tend to miss nooks and crannies with sprays and cleaners, gases on the other hand will get anywhere you let them.

4 Likes

Have you found Chlorine Dioxide to be more effective than Ozone fumigation?

Colder night time temps raise humidity almost always the reason why i see PM.

Cold air does not hold as much water vapor as warm air , so the vapor (or gas) turns to a liquid and forms dew . That process is called condensation.

ive been able to completely eliminate PM in my rooms and friends rooms over the years by keeping my indoor night time temps within 5 degrees of the daytime and keeping my humidity level within the VPD sweet zone day and night.

6 Likes

I don’t have as much experience with ozone as I do ClO2, but from what I understand; the dwell time needed to kill PM with ozone is much longer.

1 Like

When I process (trim with my twister t4) for clients, I leave everything in my jeep, turn on my ozone machine, close up the jeep and let it run for 6-10 hrs. Plus a super anal deep clean of the machine.

This is after every clients job I do.

3 Likes