Powdered THC dosing

I only froze then ground it up really to test the effectiveness plus to see if it made a diffrence on degredation. Degredation as a fine powder accelerated exponentially and in proportion to the increased surface area of a powder. The effectiveness as a powder is great because dosing is much easier to gauge with a pile of powder for me than the size of a droplett or irregular dab.

But the powder insta melts on contact with skin. I personally would explore further like you have obviously done in the concept stage but got tracking a different idea instead. Guys like you are gonna nail down a usable powder form for sure. I would suggest for mixing the idea that mixing all your ingredients in dry and frozen form in a mortar and pestle would allow for the best way to ultimately mix a compound meant to ultimately also be dry. You could skip all considerations of solvent traces or concerns and it has been a centuries proven method for mixing such things.

I love the innovative spirit you have. If I can help I will. I know that sida pop companies have huge budgets to figure out how to get flavors immiscible in water to stay in solution without dropping out. I have only a vague idea how the accomplish this but carbon dioxide saturated water likely assists a great deal.

Now the question isā€¦if you could make THC taste like bacon or taste like alfalfa sprouts then which one would you pick? I am leaning towards bacon myself.

:nerd_face:

@Beaker what exactly are you using to smoke the thc powder is that likr a brillow pad in the stem? Curious of how ypur smokong thay not on a nail

I use a small glass tube that I stuff strands of fiberglass matt into. When I pull a lighter hard against the matt before oil use it melts it sort of and holds in place. Mostly what I get is vapor but some combustion too I suppose. When the glass ā€œfritā€ is decompossed or oiled up black and nasty I pop it out and toss it in my gleaning pile and replace.

1 Like

Ahh nice thats a good one and thats a clean hit?

1 Like

It is clean enough depending on how hot I cook the tip of the glass tube. When I want a deeper hit I flame it hard and then it is not the smooth pure isolate taste but turns a little harsh.

I like the little hitters because I can always get a dense dose. My pocket vape is fine but always feels like near beer when I need whiskey lol. I go for deep saturation with THC given the medical condition and those heavy doses help stabilize the whole body when I go to chemotherapy and then carry me for after. The oncologist will prescribe just about any form of pill needed for comfort of life as this is not an operable condition. It is very unlike a typical doc office that tries to limit pain med for fear that addiction will set in.

They do not care about addiction because without the big guns for pain the problem becomes unmanageable. However the chemo still leaves the gut churning. The isolate removes that feeling and quality of life skyrockets when the gut begins to feel ok. Within minutes of a deep hit hings calm down inside. I can report as a patient that cannabis when refined to isolate is a key and integral part of my treatment.

2 Likes

@Beaker lol definitely bacon.

Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m a bit of a noob when it comes to the scene behind cannabis, can you please explain more into detail the advice you gave on mixing my solutions in ā€œdry and frozen form inn a mortar and pestleā€ and what do you mean by ā€œyou can skip all considerations of solvent traces or concernsā€?

Iā€™m concerned even with reducing my particle size through your advice on mixing the solutions more thoroughly/efficiently, Iā€™m still going to be left with a slimy distillate instead of my goal of getting a water soluble powder, do you think I need to change the recipe Iā€™ve been using? (recipe in 1st post)

If you donā€™t mind me asking, in detail what exactly was the process/recipe you used to form your THC water soluble powder?

Would greatly help I"m very eager as Iā€™ve been working on this for several months now with no luck
Thanks so much!

Thank you for all the great useful information

What do you think about delta 8 thc

Beaker is not making a water soluble powder.

He is making powdered distillate.

making distillate. freezing it. grinding it. vaping it.

he could also sprinkle it like fairy dust on anything he felt like dosing as far as edibles goesā€¦ but I have not heard him discuss that route of administration.

So at room temp would that go back to a gooey form?

@cyclopath so would this method be able to absorb into the mucus membranes, or is not not even water soluble and the reason you can sprinkle it on things and get high because the THC is active in disty?

The powder is simply hardened and frozen but otherwise sticky like obtained in a dispensary the moment it thaws. It thaws really at about ambient room temp according to your own definition of solid or liquid. My personal stash is terpene free which allows the powder to stay frozen at room temp fairly long. However the moment it is sprinkled onto the tongue it again returns to hydrophobic and will not readily disolve in saliva. So what happens simply is you end up swallowing it and then dose that way. A big lump under the tongue will disolve but very slow like a glob of caramel but harder a bit. whether it is absorbed into the upper gi tract at that point or not is unknowable by me.

The problems with oral dosing are well known. Much medicine may be lost according to stomach contents and your ability that day stomach wise to digest. This is a problem with all medications ingested so devices like capsules and such that have a variable ability to time release medicine are used. D9 THC cannot be made to have a different melting point.

My goal has never been to develop any tech for oral administration. I have tested on myself many times oral dosing. It is not for me as it does not relieve the urge to medicate as quickly as vaping or otherwise inhaling. As for me the inhaling is very stealthy because my medicine is refined by me to remove all traces of odor really. I know with certainty what pure D9 smells like and can assert that the average Joe on the road would never equate the smell to cannabis but more a pleasant aroma therapy type odor with a hint of polymer evidence and generally fairly faint at that. It eliminates the need for odor control in the home and outside.

I think a huge part of the allure of oral ingestion is the stealth factor meaning no hassle of odors in the home or on the person and also the easy ability to take it on the road then for your journeys.

3 Likes

Sometimes smell may play a factor, not for me though. I have un-terped distillate too its very very clean, although due to health I canā€™t smoke anything anymore and should really stick to it (occasional disty dab but I feel the consequences) I like the rapid onset high from a dab and looking for a route like that without smoking my meds.

Coconut oil and shatter decarbed worked best for me in really high dosages it helped me for like a week when my lungs werent letting me take anything in * i like to put it in a glass syringe and dose like that

1 Like

@Bluewaffle So you just drank the syringe after or how did you consume it?

Yeah i would throw a gram of shatter to coconut oil 50/50 amd fill up 2 distillate syringes then dose bout about 1/4 of the thi g at a time sometimes little more if you need immediate relief just make sure to get a nice decarb

1 Like

I just drop drops all over my tongue mouth under my tongue and just let it sit for a bit

1 Like

decarb shouldnā€™t be an issue with distillate :wink:

3 Likes

True that i never really have any distillate layong around since i dont have a system only time i ever had a chunk a got an ounce for 280 of raw distillate wasnt no high 90% shit i dont think but i havenā€™t really got to play around with distillate as much as id like i want to get a cheap Chinese spd and play around

1 Like

For really cheap distillation a horizontal rig with kugelrohr bulbs is very hard to beat. I am talking about just a few bulbs, a heating mantle, and a vacuum pump and then the specific knowledge about theory of operation and simple numbers regarding temp and vacuum.

There are no chillers or anything else needed and I can easily refine just in those bulbs into very high 90s as a percentage quite easily. The expense is the vac pump but even new ones now I see that could handle this process at a micro refinement scale are no more expensive than an iPad Pro and certainly no more expensive than a great gaming PC.

I avoid the horizontal now because I can achieve my goals in slightly different fashion from where I began but it is hard to beat the price point and simplicity of operation of a horizontal rig. Irregardless of how much money you dump into a system the THC still evaporates and condenses under the same principles and I am at a loss why the industrial rigs all shun the horizontal method that eliminates ENTIRELY the need to create a thermal stack which is how traditional SPDs work. My small heating mantle consumes no more energy than an efficient light bulb does.

The really nice thing about starting in such a humble way is you learn from the ground up how things play out and work so much easier than plopping a chunk of money down and trying to figure out somebody elses system.

3 Likes