Post Your THCA Pics/Vids

Ethanol Budder. One with and without flash. The concentrate is not nearly as dark as it looks in the picture, damn camera. It looks like very light peanut butter in real life. I love how the same concentrate can behave almost 3 different ways. Probably my new favorite form of ethanol concentrate.

3 Likes

Pure THCa is just a crystal/molecule. I would argue that it has a rather chemical taste. Just my opinion tho. Maybe my taste buds are deceiving me… little bastards.

1 Like

Was this terps and all or just thca

1 Like

Thca re crystallization

2 Likes

Looks good bro

2 Likes

Been doing lots of trials with pentane and I think I’m getting it down. 105deg for 15hrs made some nice sharp stones. Gonna scale up on the next run. I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is go check my diamonds :call_me_hand::gem::facepunch:

15 Likes

Figured I would add my troubles as well. Got 2 jars like this… don’t even wanna pick them up lol so close to blowing and loosing it all. Anyone have tricks to reduce pressure of butane once at this stage. There is no bleeding pressure off at this point I feel cuz that intern creates more pressure from bubbling. Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Cool it off so it’s not emitting so much pressure

13 Likes

I did take it off heat last night, I just didn’t know if there was a way to get a new lid on without restarting essentially. Or am I just screwed and hope for the best and don’t touch.

1 Like

Chill it below your solvents bp and imo you would be good to open them.

That’s just how I process it in my head. Idk how it will actually end up working

Didn’t see @Dred_pirate comment.

But yeah…I would have shit seeing that lol

7 Likes

This is what I was thinking but didn’t know if it would mess up the process. I’m not science smart I just watch with my eyes and ears lol

5 Likes

Buckling lids isn’t new with butane. I attempt to avoid this by keeping the jars at room temp for the first few days while I manage saturation.

9 Likes

Do people still double up lids or does that increase odds of busted jars?

I don’t recommend exceeding the manufacturers design.

5 Likes

You could be super duper high speed, and install a prv in the lid. Or just buy the parts for a miner, or an actual miner.
I’ve never tried it, but how would placing your palm over the lid, pressing down with all your weight, and loosen the band just enough to allow for venting?

2 Likes

Better wear one of those chain mail cut gloves butchers use if your going to try that before you chill it

4 Likes

I’m just gonna let them sit and not touch them for a few days, I hate when the lid blows, such a mess.

3 Likes

If you chill it you could at least put a fresh lid on.

3 Likes

:rofl: I would imagine they are. My guess is the taste is coming from residual flavonoids/terpenes maybe even solvent meaning a not pure product, or perhaps the taste is coming from the decarboxylation reaction?

1 Like

I tried on one yesterday and it blew the lid clean outta my hand boiled over and foamed like a volcano :joy: I just messed these up tryin to be to greedy to quick.

6 Likes