Porcelain Büchner funnels - glazing

I recently ordered a porcelain Büchner funnel for filtering my small-scale extractions. When it arrived, I was surprised to note that it was not glazed along the insides. Essentially, the area between the top of the plate and down almost to the end of the spout was left unglazed. It would seem like this kind of Büchner funnel would only be appropriate for gathering particulate filtered from a mixture, rather than for filtering particulate out of a desired filtrate, correct?

Upon searching here for an answer, this was the only thread relevant to the glazing, which led me to believe that my suspicions are correct, given that Goldleaf asked along these lines in the thread.

I can’t say that I’m having the same contamination issue since I decided to stick with a folded filter paper in a glass liquids funnel, which sucked, but it probably didn’t suck as bad as if I had used this porcelain funnel.

The description for the product I purchased states that it is “glazed both inside and outside with the exception of the top rim.” Would I be correct to state that this is not what I received? I just don’t want the seller to claim that it is glazed inside since the interior, from the top of the plate & up the sides, is glazed and then not have enough experience with this product to natively dispute such a bad-faith argument.

1 Like