Polyscience Immersion Coil for CLS Recovery?

I can get 20k pounds for about 12-13k.

Thereā€™s more on the market donā€™t buy the first one you see. Maybe you should make a post asking about chillers or search the forum a little more.

AI is expensive stuff.

How long does that last you?

Ok will do thanks

1 Like

Idk, but I can guarantee in my case, it would last longer than most chillersšŸ¤£

No profit yet but you do have a point I try to do at least 4 to 5 runs a dayā€¦ f*** so tried of dry ice.

Do you have dry ice chest? As such

Maybe I will just buy chest instead of rental ? My rental guy got mad at me last time saying I keeping the dry ice chest to long so that why I started looking for chiller

I grab my dry ice and use it immediately. Any left overs are stored in a -85c freezer. A full cooler of dry ice in the freezer will last at least a month.

Send me link to freezer please so I can buy

Iā€™ve got a used one available if you want to save a buck.

I scooped one of those up on offer up for a 100 bucksā€¦keep an eye out in the classifieds

https://dryiceclassified.com/index.html

I found this site a while back when I was looking for dry ice makers but then was steered away cause the amount of c02 needed to make it wouldā€™ve ended up equalling the amount if I purchased dry ice.

Start by using C for temp. I recommend grams, liters, and kg also gain real world meanings for you.

You want a -80C chiller. You can find dozens of ads for those here. Both new and used. Imo Facebook is a horrible place to get information or gear for this industry from.

Canā€™t afford a chiller?

Do you have a recovery pump?

You can get this stuff cold by sucking on itā€¦Ever seen a propane canister freeze over while running a generator? Check out how illuminated extractors does it & learn some thermodynamics.

Cant really find a straight answer if this :

Is usable just to recondense my butane back in to liquid form.

Does probe get cold enough to actually replace me using dry ice? Does anyone have experience with it outside a cold trap in rotovac setup.

I would put probe in bucket about 3 gallon with iso and condensing coils.
Please let me know if this replaces dry ice on a day to day extraction.

Short answer is no

6 Likes

Damn is there anything that can?

Why do they advertise it as that I dont get it. I just want to stop having to get dry ice and wasting dry ice so much through sublimation.

That device is designed to replace the dry ice in a cold trap for an SPD. It doesnā€™t have the capacity to handle cooling the butane from an extraction. Think about how much is collected in a cold trap during a distillation, and how much butane youā€™d be asking it to cool.

2 Likes

Indeed I see that this is not the right tool for the job. Can you point me in right direction for the tool need to replace dry ice. I see some same a actually chiller but I do not get it or know if a chiller that can 1 to 1 replace dry ice as dry ice is -109 degrees

Now with a little research I guess I can go the jacketed condensing coil like this

With a chiller but what chiller ?
I kind of understand I donā€™t need to be -109 like dry ice but cold do I truly need the chiller to get to be able to recondense this back to a liquid.

I run passive, so Iā€™m the wrong person to recommend an appropriate chiller.

1 Like

How much gas are you trying to recover every run and how fast are you hoping to recover?

This will require a calculation based on YOUR specific system and run procedure.

3 Likes