I spoke to B&P Littleford about their Podbielniak Liquid-Liquid Centrifuge (not your typical fuge). Here are the takeaways from the call and some useful links.
- None of these are in use in the cannabis market currently but they have and continue to do testing. Anyone hear differently?
- The units are not easily tuned because the separation ring diameters dictate the separation layers.
- The problem is you have to know the properties of your liquid stream for this to be setup properly. I would really like to know what the community thinks of this.
- They run at very high speeds (i.e. 10k rpm)
- In theory you could extract multiple constituents of a micelle stream in this one device.
- Original Patent with in-depth view of this bad boy
patent for podbielniak.pdf (1.3 MB)
- Below is the brochure Alan Malott (product manager) gave me
116-100 POD TDS.pdf (696.4 KB)