Plant Growth Regulator Hormones?

How so? The organic fanbois think there is something magical about their style of growing. It’s just not the case. A plant doesn’t care where bioavailable nitrogen comes from.

In reality, it’s dirty and inefficient requiring bacteria/mycorrhizae/enzymes and peptides to work properly.

5 Likes

This is facts. lol, coming from an organic guy (one that’s not opposed to other growing methods when done right)

My next indoor rooms (going to be all material for processing) will probably be salts.

3 Likes

BMC lift? Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis? yes that is toxic, if you are so confident go ahead a take a swig!

1 Like

I’ve grown organic for years and do so in greenhouse and outdoors. I’m currently a salty cash cropper indoors for the yield.

I see the merits of both, but have no problem getting the same taste or smell with salts.

The dose makes the poison. You can overdose on water if you consume enough. Sounds like sensationalism to me.

6 Likes

This is exactly what my plan is!

organic meaning things grown not mined or synthesized, “from or characteristic of organized living beings”

Go ahead and eat a handful of Azomite and tell me how you feel!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t eat a handful of any of the organic amendments I put in my soil lol.

Maybe the alfalfa meal and straw, if I was a horse

2 Likes

but the byproducts of what you eat…compost

1 Like

I eat the minerals that go into AGT-50 every day. I would eat magnesium sulfate if I was constipated. My mom takes a calcium and magnesium supplement (albeit a different mineral form).

More reasons why there is little difference between natural and synthetic growing when it comes to plants.

5 Likes

okay that what dose is safe Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis for you to drink? what is the LD50? its not sensationalism to recognize risk or lack of info needed to assess risk. just because your mom can’t get her nutrient from her diet does not relate to safe use practice on your crops. your logic is failing me

My budswel additive is organic bat shit. Take a swig of that I dare ya!

4 Likes

the advantages and risks of organic insecticides/herbicides/fungicides, nutrients, and growth regulators are all different discussions. But I stand by the general rule if you don’t know how much is safe to eat/drink than you defiantly don’t know how much is safe to smoke

1 Like

This isnt the foodie thread. We are talking about growing plants here. Not sure how you understood we wanted to consum what we feed our plants.

6 Likes

maybe you don’t know how toxicity is generally studied in rats, on that note it would be great if vapor chambers were used more often

This is why California has CAT lll testing. We do know what the safe quantities of the bad elements are safe to smoke.

1 Like

I don’t think this is the right place to debate the rigor of the CAT lll testing, if you open a new thread I will share my criticisms. but to bring the discussion back, I was questioning how/if growth hormones are used safely when applied as a foliar.

You didn’t specify growth regulator hormones when starting your argument.

How do you define hormone? Synthetic hormone? Natural hormone like kelp? Organic acids with hormone-like activity? By definition “a regulatory substance produced in an organism and transported in tissue fluids such as blood or sap to stimulate specific cells or tissues into action.” could apply to calcium being applied at transition.

I think “hormones are dangerous” is too broad of a statement to support.

5 Likes

I agree as we are actually a good hormone production factory ourselves.

3 Likes

let me clarify my stance so you have something to sink your teeth into.
firstly all I meant by hormone was “plant regulator”, and for the sake of discussion I’ll exclude simple plants extracts (teas). here is my stance:

At this point in time there is little or no data to identify adverse effects of (all) plant regulators on mammalia lung tissue, there for you can not justify ethical use.

Yes a very broad statement, however I am open to being wrong!

1 Like