Pine Resin Remediation from "shatter" (D8 distillate slabs)

Name: Jesse S.

Company Name: Mosaic
Contact Info: suterajesse@gmail.com
Team Size: Varies

Standard Services: Isolation, Post-Reaction Cleanups, Distillation, Conversions (conversion services limited to jurisdictional regulations: if any)

:fire:New Service Offered :fire:

-Remediation or “Separation” of pine (or similar adulterant) from disingenuous shatter emulations.

New Service Background: I was recently delivered a sample of “shatter” that Client said customers were complaining about a “pinesol” or “burnt wood” flavor. Along with the sample came a potency analysis indicating high levels of D8 and minor levels of D9 but Non-Detect THCA. This indicated a scam artist had created a fake shatter product from distillate and an adulterant with a hardening/curing polymer or agent. After several experiments I successfully removed all odor and taste and a substantial amount of resinous material that hardened and shattered within seconds of separation from the cannabinoids.

Long story short…DO NOT THROW AWAY PINE RESIN CONTAMINATED SHATTER…because I am confident it can be remediated.

My next steps to verify this conclusion are to buy some pine gum resin and emulsify with distillate, recording both ingredients weights to the 10th of a gram. Then I will perform the same process used previously to successfully separate the 2 ingredients and record weights to confirm a mass balance in sync with the original weights. This should indicate a successful separation. If anyone else is interested in providing analytics for the purpose of science and R&D to further confirm my findings I will be happy to send a sample of the remediated product and the isolated resin to confirm the full separation has been successful.

Rates: To be negotiated and I welcome suggestions on what to charge for this service.

States Available in: Wherever Legally Performed

Insured: I do have business insurance for my consulting services, for the licensed cannabis and hemp manufacturing facility we operate in Coachella and our equipment manufacturing and installation company…as well as for our licensed and permitted cannabis extraction facility in Sacramento(currently being built-out)

Additional Company Name: GRM Labs
Team Size: 7
Standard Services: Custom Stainless Manufacturing, Installation, Training, Process Optimization, Licensing Applications, SOPs, Sourcing/Procurement of Raw Materials and Solid Works/ AutoCAD 3D Design

Rates: Vary

9 Likes

I hate when they contaminate my pine resin with d8

33 Likes

Sooooo someone already paid around 2-3k for less than 400g of definitely boof hot d8 and has to pay a processing fee for remediation… what exactly are they gonna do with it?

3 Likes

Can we see the before and after coas of the material? Can you have the tester test for pine resin if your confident that’s the contaiminate.

4 Likes

I’ve seen these twice so far in MI in the BM. They got tossed for being easily recognizable small amounts.

1 Like

Can the remediated pine resin be cast into bullets, for returning to the original “vendor”?

15 Likes

How do you guys buy oil off anyone but the manufacturer lol. Like where do these parking lot deals take place

4 Likes

Hypothetically if a kilo of D8 IS $1K, is it cheaper to remediate the contaminated D8 or just buy a new kilo?

2 Likes

Same cost benefits analysis with chasing down any debts usually. Waste of my time and bad energy all around

2 Likes

Imagine getting stuck with so much pine shatter you consider remediating it :laughing:

13 Likes

or trusting to smoke it even after remediation with the current level of cannabis testing in the industry…

ill take a hard pass

14 Likes

The parking lot, duh. :rofl:

Usually from an employee picking up stuff that isn’t my flower.

3 Likes

That’s a damn good question lol…but I think these guys bought their pounds for like $600 or 700…something ridiculously cheap which should have been an indicator in and of itself right?!

Right? For real. The standards are a clown shoe cluster fuck of dissenting opinions currently

2 Likes

I guess this would only be economically attractive to someone who bought a box (100 lbs.) of this shit.

1 Like

It was no means a diss on you but if these testing facilities can’t even test right. Who’s gonna trust remediated pine rosin slabs.

I’m just looking at it from a consumer standpoint.

5 Likes

Maybe a Park n’ Ride off the highway. Maybe a back alley behind the Staples center… maybe on the pier. Eh hahaa

2 Likes

Oh no offense taken. I agree with you completely

1 Like

I’ve seen it happen brother

And until now…my suggestion was to use it as fire starter with a pleasant terpy scent to it

3 Likes

I think this forum opened a whole new set of problems not really thought about. We always were concerned with the coas but what if they can’t test worth a shit or the tester is on a 3 day meth bender?

I guess it can happen anywhere but this is pretty alarming with the current state of testing

7 Likes