Phones, Softwares, general chat

On that note I don’t mind better moderation / posting standards in some sub categories.

2 Likes

They are vastly different as far as competitive environments go.

Don’t do anything you wouldn’t mind explaining to a judge.
The contractors who come out and setup security cameras are not obligated to disclose the legal status of a grow to local authorities, nor incriminate themselves.
Interesting article, nothing really solid but general guidance.
Likely and hopefully, @TheFeds have bigger fish to fry than the consultant.
Probably not a great idea to be the guy in day to day operations, moving money, managing data on a granular level where you are expected to know the contents. basically the rules from “The Transporter”.
https://harrisbricken.com/cannalawblog/doing-business-with-pot-businesses-1-criminal-risks/

Totally different worlds, yes. My statement was derived from the viewpoint of the amount of information stored in each place dependent on subject. If I have ANY questions or concerns when it come to the cellular world/devices I go straight there. If I have ANY cannabis/hemp questions or concerns I head straight here. That’s the ONLY thing they share!

1 Like

I dont see XDA with a “Cannabis, Hash, general chat” thread!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not anytime soon!!!

1 Like

3 Likes

of course. Its probably not worth the hassle anyway to fuck with, and i would have to trust the idiots who hired me to not tell me anything i wouldn’t wanna know

Anyone use https://keybase.io/ ?

They gave away a bunch of crypto currency not to long ago. I had two accounts from a while back, and it ended up being about $250 USD for free.

https://keybase.io/a/i/r/d/r/o/p/spacedrop2019

3 Likes

Open source. Cool. Wish I saw that earlier. I’ll have to check that out.

1 Like

I didn’t realize Keybase was acquired by Zoom. Pretty sure that is a bad thing long term.

3 Likes

@RedundantAlexithymia What do you think about the silent circle black phones if the whole team has them?

They don’t support the phones anymore, but they have an app that seems to be catered to organizations: Looking for Blackphone? | Silent Circle

absolutely not. They have fumbled their security, even creating previously non existent RCE problems in android. Their warrant canary is gone as well. In general i feel they are a likely honeypot, either by design or by government pressure. Pretty much, i wouldn’t trust any companies’ security products. Youd be better off with graphene and a pixel if you need a phone. XMPP + omemo is the only appropriate method for secure IM in any circumstances

1 Like

Ok guys so I have clean burner phone for business and this site only

Now my next issues…I wanna save data by logging into my at home wifi bc I’m always here. Will something like a VPN allow me to log into my wifi at home and keep me private still?

And my location gps stays off w this phone also

VPNs are good protection against criminals and people snooping on your data, but most cough up logs under pressure.

Short answer yes. Long answer… you need VPN provider that don’t store logs. You can also see if the VPN application has a kill switch mode. That essentially blocks all traffic if the VPN connection gets disconnected. That way, you can’t forget to enable it and start surfing.

1 Like

Any suggestions on which ones to use

It’s all faith based sadly. Unless you’re running your own vpn.

2 Likes

Wish I was smart enough to know about all this to stay safe