Personal thoughts about what happen in USA recently in this industry

Mmm, big business loves them some regulation to raise barrier to entry and squash competition!

The free market always figures it out. Prohibition is what is causing this bullshit, just like it caused Jake leg in the 1920’s. Legislators need to gtfo and stop trying to use the cannabis taxes as a way to dig them out of the hole they made for themselves due to irresponsible fiscal policy. Tax the legal market at the same rate as any other business and watch the black cannabis market die the same way the moonshine market died. I don’t need regulations to tell me I should put out a product that I’m sure won’t make people sick. If a good moral compass and reputation isn’t enough, we already have civil lawsuits to deter that kind of behavior. :wink:

10 Likes

Oh what I meant was the cdc and the fda are the ones up to some shady shit, colluding with big Tabasco, all sorts of dark shit.

They probably placed some of their assets to encourage and convince greedy cannabis businessmen to market tocopherol acetate as disty cut, because it’s well documented that it can induce lipoid pneumonitis and they knew they could stir shit up.

Or they told their sketchy Arabic and Bosnian asset homies to start selling cbd juul pods with synthetic cannabinoids, k2 type shit out of their bodegas. Who knows…?

Feds have a lot of power and if they want to disrupt and control an international multi-billion dollar industry, they’ll get dirty. A lot of people in high level gov’t positions are complete psychopaths and don’t mind having a bit of blood on their hands for “the greater good.”

Or it’s just the negative externalities of greed and negligence.

7 Likes

8 hours ago:
It’s become an international issue now.

1 Like

I just don’t get this big Tobacco conspiracy

Aren’t they shooting themselves in the foot? Most of the heat is on e-cigs, THC black market carts are seen as a secondary cause. The tobacco industry is already regulated, so I just don’t see what the angle here is

Also no matter how much scares they try to do(if they really are doing this), legalization is going to go as a juicy historic win for the next Democratic president, whether they come 2020 or 2024, regardless of what happens. Every single Democratic nominee has said this is one of the things they will do if elected. They need this legalization thing as a platform to get votes. No way they allow it to happen under Trump.

that’s down the road from me and the fuckers are in on it… thy say vaping is the culprit but give no indication of what the “teen” was vaping
its such bullshit !!!

2 Likes

No. Tobacco screwed over large proportion of farmers. @Ncfarmer Im sure he can agree. They all grow hemp. They know the future is hemp and the only way to keep profits is to make the switch.

As @coppertop said,

Hemp is a revolution.

2 Likes

Not sure what all the other big tobacco companies are doing local tobacco buyers started buying and processing hemp… after a name change of course… Not really sure what they have to gain especially as fragile as things are from state to state by sabotaging the e market

I should have been more tailored in my words. I was talking about how they would set contracts at a set price with farmers and then would underpay.

It’s easier to fight a broken enemy than a foe well organized.

2 Likes

I don’t know what this says about the US, thoughts?

1 Like

You are definitely right on that they do it in tobacco everyday if they don’t want to buy it they put a 4 on it and pay you $0.80. Per lbon something they have already contracted at $2.08

2 Likes

If Vitamin E or some other mass produced cutting agent was deadly

Wouldn’t folks be dropping by the hundreds?

7 Likes

I thought they already were banned, some people from Godfrey Philips were telling me months ago that it was going to take years to get ecigs legalized.

1 Like

Not if genetic susceptibility were also required…

4 Likes

it’s a little strange that black market people have been using cutting agents for quite a while…and all of a sudden people are dying
have all those deaths been confirmed?
or are we just going by what media feeds us which is usually full of lies

5 Likes

Vitamin E is mainly used to thicken up diluted vape carts. E-cigs mainly use pg/vg/peg as their base for the nicotine.

PPL have been dying about 8 months ago from certain companies selling vitamine e as a thickener.

You mean like the Sandy hook conspiracy? Haha

4 Likes

Sure, but only 7 people so far. There have to be thousands of carts with those thickeners floating around though, right? So perhaps @cyclopath is right and it’s some type of rare allergic reaction, or maybe @calikindlabs is right and there’s something else going on.

In any case, big media is a litmus test for bullshit.

3 Likes

You can use phytol and squalene to thicken up mct carts

1 Like

Exactly. This was targeted for a cause. Does anyone remember reading about the cases of government interception of bootleg moonshine shipments during the end of prohibition? They would bust a smuggler then taint his load with methanol and send it on down the road. This was deadly of course and raised anti-prohibition voices so loud that it wasn’t long before the activists and lobbyists were successful in changing the political party in power and overturning prohibition. Not conspiracy, history!

14 Likes

It’s amazing what’s a conspiracy until it’s Declassified and then it’s public knowledge. Usually by the time it’s Declassified very few of the offenders are still alive and nobody gives a shit anymore

7 Likes