Perfect Sugar BHO

5-6 day’s ago I put some old shatter in a jar, attempting nucleation. This is how it’s looking… wondering if I should open and give it a whippin so the rest of it sugars or should I leave it? There is a bit of pressure buildup from terpenes

Cheers fam!

2 Likes

open the jar give slight stir, then reseal for another 4 or 5 days

1 Like

My latest and greatest tek would be to whip into a batter then add a splash of butane and seal the jar

8 Likes

You’re recommending I whip till badder then add little solvent and re jar ?

Yep. You will come back to sugar with sauce on top. Don’t need much butane

3 Likes

And just to be clear put back on heat ? Recommend temp? Not looking for big stones

If I had to move from a collection pot to a vac oven you think this tek would work the same if I used a Pyrex dish??

From collection pot to Pyrex dish into oven @~ 85-95f, then half vac for ~ 1/2 hour then stir and put back in oven?

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see why not.

1 Like

I stopped doing this, and just rock jar tek on everything now.

When I aim for sugar with jar tek, I like to cap it, let it start to crash (until a small puck forms) then whip and leave the lid off to finish out at 90.

That’s been my go to lately.

8 Likes

Still trying to figure this all out myself lol

So you’re saying straight from collection pot you jar it and put a lid on screwed tight??

1 Like

How was the yield with that particular choice of solvent

Defiantly lower than with straight n. I think it was 3-4 percent less. I reran that column with n butane and made edibles with that oil (for personal use, would not sell edibles with that kind of oil in them)

I think a 50/50 blend would be really nice.

1 Like

I’ve wanted to try 100% propane followed by ntane. I think @Apothecary36 was mentioning doing this

3 Likes

I retract this statement as I ran what I was told was fresh material and it never would sugar this way
I had friend or 2 material do the same. so if it’s fresher or just dried then I’d make the bet but idk about EVERY material now. maybe if it’s high cbd it may can inhibit Crystal’s. but this was and is still.pretty much how I’d make sugar

except nowadays I do all the vacin at the end after its crashed

No if it’s high in cbd , like a 1:1 , it will never crystallize from fresh material . Stays soupy no matter what you do

3 Likes

If you got water in your extract it makes crystalization difficult, just turns into a goo

2 Likes

that’s what I was thinking…why I retracted my statement I had few.that stayed soupy. would kinda budder but not.

these wasnt my material. my shit made diamonds sauce every time

1 Like

I extract with 100% n tane and push with propane

5 Likes

That sounds neat. Using propane for the push of the n tane? Or is there another purpose in the use of propane?

2 Likes

Yep warm runs = propane at 50-70 psi.
Dry ice runs its best to just use nitro

5 Likes