PDXCanna's pectin thread

Interesting, at what ratio do you use ethanol : cannabinoids? Also 1:1?

The minimum to make it thin enough to mix easily

1 Like

Thanks @pdxcanna I’m gonna try my first gummy when I hit back to Houston. Just gotta give DarkCityMolds a holla

2 Likes

Please do! Thanks for sharing @pdxcanna

1 Like

I believe these are both on libgen/sci-hub, they could explain it better than I ever could

Pectin itself is really complicated, I just know what to use/how mostly

Edit: I just noticed that I didn’t respond to the person I thought I did, whoops

3 Likes

What sugar are you using to coat your gummies? I like the look of those round pinkish ones in your picture

C&H bakers sugar

1 Like

If you are using HM100 for pour and scrape method I would recommend using 150 extra slow set and adding your own sodium citrate as you are already having to do. The HM100 has citric acid added to it so presetting is more of a possibility with that blend, you don’t really want any acid in the batch until the very end. Increasing the sodium citrate will absolutely help buy you more time while pouring but make sure you are keeping an eye on final ph. sodium citrate raises the ph. slightly. nothing like citric acid lowers ph. but still worth mentioning.

What are the 3x 3ml Pipette’s used for? going to be giving your recipe a shot here in the next week or two

MCT and flavoring primarily, sometimes I’ll use one for the citric acid solution as well(to add water while it’s on the scale)

ahh ok, im pretty sure i have a couple 10ml glass pipettes somewhere around.

i appreciate the recipe! excited to start playing with it.

1 Like

Also, I reached out to pacific, they said ss-150 is a direct swap for the apc-104 + sugar at the ratio used in this recipe. Just add your buffers of choice

1 Like

The 150 SS and apc 104 are the exact same from pacific pectin. I would go the 150ESS route as it will give you slightly more time to pour before it starts setting up.
they also have an amidated HM its a special blend they call it HMA100 its amidated but the DE% is lower than the traditional 150SS that’s the trick to ordering pectin. I’m not a fan of blends however they do offer that one right now.

I work with Todd from pacific pectin in person on specific projects from time to time, he is amazing! He’s also in charge of the 3rd party audit they do yearly and gets pulled away from the computer all the time.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have about there product line. I know all the products extremely well.

Pacific Pectin Inc. is an amazing company. If you need Pectin or a free sample they are the way to go.

Except apc-104 doesn’t come standardized

1 Like

The 104 is standardized with sucrose to 150 grade, all 150 grade pectins are. They typically extract pectin at 230 ish grade from the producer then they add sucrose or dextrose to standardize for consistency.

If you look at the COA it will say pectin E440 and sucrose. The sucrose is always added to bring it down to the Grade you see for sale everywhere. Its a good thing so if you want to switch suppliers you don’t have to reformulate this is why I say I don’t like blends as much.

Apc-104 direct from Andre isn’t standardized at all

1 Like

This is why i like the hm100 from pacific. Its nice to have a standardized pectin thats the same everytime. Even with pour and scrape i never had a problem with kick time using hm100. Standardizing pectin is different everytime because the fruit itself is different everytime and im sure you can standardized it yourself but to me my time is worth more then just spending a couple extra bucks on pectin thats standardized.

Plus when you pick up 4 55 pound boxes and pay cash they give you 100 dollars off per box so its really cheap for me to pick up in bulk

Funny theyre 13 miles from yosemite. Next time i go out there im definitely gonna see about spending a day in yosemite as long as the weather is good

1 Like

Pacific Pectin really is amazing.

the ss/ess-150 are standardized from Pacific, the Andre pectin they use to make it isn’t

1 Like