PDX vs Corken

Has anyone ran both PDX and Corken pumps if so which do you prefer and what type of recovery speeds were you able to achieve ? been running 6 cemps on my system for the past year and they just break down all the time can’t decide which one to go with

I havnt ran both but I hear the pdx isn’t that fast. Corken will get ya .8ish a min np butane. I don’t know the details but from my understanding PDX is trying to sue/screw over the guy that spoon fed most of us into the game. In short fuck PDX.

7 Likes

Good points. Very good points.

4 Likes

Is there more info on this. I’m negotiating with pdx gold for multiple pumps.

Corken pumps are the most industrial grade pumps you can buy on the market. PDX pumps can’t handle much back pressure and don’t really have any ability to compress the gas as well as a Corken. We can get our T91 recovering at 6lbs per min with propane and 3lbs per min with butane. I highly recommend the Corken pumps over any other pump on the market. We have them in stock as well at Xtractor Depot and can provide the correctly sized heat exchangers and chillers to go along with it.

1 Like

Just wondering why some claim the T91 does Butane at .8 Lbs / Minute (taken from the hardware factory store) compared the 3 lbs / Minute Xtractor Depot says?

I am hitting between 3-4lbs a minute of n-butane with my t91 but it mostly comes down to how fast you can boil your gas. The only problem I have had is that the valves in the Corken get stuck easily and it causes overheating on the discharge.

what temp you running your circulator at ?

I have a 200,000btu tankless water heater set to 125f but it actually varies between 85f-120f. Surface area is more important than temperature IMO

2 Likes

There’s a whole big thread on this subject. Basically, the pressure/temp matter a lot and salesmen like to sell stuff:

2 Likes

What the fuck is this? Vapor Wulf?

That’s some pussy ass shit…

1 Like

Have you seen any recomendations for them from people you trust?

3 Likes

This.

5 Likes

Yup fuck pdx

3 Likes

That filter drier looks familiar too…

5 Likes

Some chump shit…

2 Likes

Just a friendly reminder that SkunkPharmReseach.com is no longer run by the same people we know and love and the current SPR site is not to be trusted. Use GrayWolfsLair.com or use an archived version of SPR from before 2019, I can’t remember exactly when but it’s a pretty obvious change if you click around on the waybackmachine. Cus seriously, fuck those other guys biting on their style.

7 Likes

They were so mad when I told them to come pick up there demo pump it’s on the curb. I should have asked around here first. Thanks for the heads up.

6 Likes

Ummmm…

Am I missing something here? Lol

Where are they getting -30.5f from?

3 Likes

And who tf even uses Fahrenheit when sciencing?

2 Likes