Packing tubes

Azpressco

http://www.azpressco.com/category/column-socks

4 Likes

Corlee Valve & Fitting stocks a few sizes of 4" and 6" column socks. Iā€™ve bought from them recently.

1 Like

I didnā€™t ask if I could take pictures, and out of deference I did not, but I saw the right way to put the cannabis in the tube in Eugene last week.

when I say right, I mean that I pointed at the machine, and got ā€œyep!ā€ when I asked incredulously ā€œit puts the cannabis in the tube?ā€

hopper into tube, hydraulic ram to pack.

empties them too Iā€™m told.

4 Likes

I just saw this ran at the GLG meet up in Ca. Works like a charm, seriously saves time but very expensive. Well worth it for sure but gotta pony up $$$$$

2 Likes

They also packed 17 pounds into a 6x48 with enough room to get another 3 pounds in!

Some people are using just over 2 foot socks x 6" and packing 5 pounds in each to run 10 lbs in a 6x48.

2 Likes

Im thinking something like this in plastic with a longer handle. Would work for packing and unpacking with the right things

2 Likes

Ya they did like 17.08lbs an empty beer can and two types of trellis lol

2 Likes

If you went slow and if fit inside decent enough that would probably work greatā€¦ease it in and slide it out

1 Like

Make sure you use a brushless drill. Even then itā€™s pretty sketchy. In the tricks and tips thread someone mentioned they use a dog tie. They screw it in and hook it onti something and pull the column off.

4 Likes

Blast it out with nitro.

I kid.

Or use socks.

2 Likes

Nitro cannonā€¦ the good days :pensive:

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t use an electric drill, that is a potential source of ignition. Perhaps an air drill?

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

With the tool weā€™re taking about it unpacks the columns too

1 Like

Didnā€™t think about that good callā€¦ Mine is manual hand powered corkscrew

1 Like

That was a 6" X 36" column BTW, not 48".

1 Like

Oops! My bad! I guess with all the added parts it ā€œseemedā€ like a 48"!
That means that one could get over 25 pounds in a 48" tube! Pretty impressive indeed!

1 Like

Oh yeah, easy. We can def get more than 25 in there, lol. Thanks for the love!

A couple years ago i had a guy burn his eyebrows off from unpacking with an electric drill.
The tube looked like a fiery hell canon lol
So ya, I use only air powered tools now lol.

6 Likes

yeah, sparks from tools are no laughing matter!

3 Likes