Packing tubes

You should use those tall metal ones as a vertical fire pit, stuff it in the ground a foot to hold it up. That ish would be tight. Josh could totally remarket those to have a use.

1 Like

I dont work for dr Josh if thatā€™s what you mean haha

1 Like

Not dr Josh. Josh is ā€œheady dabberā€, aka 710snob

1 Like

Spools may be, but jacketed 6ā€x48ā€ columns that bolt to my rack are not, and are also rather unwieldy.

Were it my op, there would be more cannabis in the tube.

It is not, and I pick my battles.

Swapping socks for custom baskets that allowed greater material compression without outgrowing the material columns they were destined for might flyā€¦but bringing the dusty mess that is tube packing back into the blast room will not

2 Likes

Well, ya thatā€™s not as easily remedied. I wonder if you can find a way to get more in there and still stuff in for a run. Thatā€™s obviously a different scenario than what I thought

Just to confirm, youā€™re packing into a sock that is already in your tube. And using the sock primarily as a fast and convenient method to get the biomass out. Not packing in a tube, then moving the sock?

Like I said, I pick my battles, but a 50% increase in biomass per run seems like low hanging fruitā€¦so Iā€™m going to have to go after it at some point

4 Likes

Correct, Iā€™m leaving it in there for easy removal, as well.

what does this air operated ram look like? and does it unpack and pack? highly interested over here

2 Likes

Is there any trick to getting frozen material out from live run?

Should it be frozen to sides or slide right out? This has been my biggest issues for slowing me down ā€¦I recently started freezing my column in freezer first, maybe thatā€™ll help, but I didnā€™t get to try right when I was done

Iā€™m about to just start wrapping my unjackets w gortex sleeve or something so I have multiple columnsā€¦I can never get it out, then I can move on while thaws

@Soxhlet @Killa12345 Iā€™d love to hear yalls thoughts too! As this is my biggest time flaw , loading not so much, but unloading!

1 Like

After we bake a column out of fresh frozen material it just falls out. You absolutly need a ballvalve between your column/collection and a top recovery port. Then I place a lint free paper towel onto the packing rod and push it through the column to clean off any debris left.

1 Like

I stopped freezing columns a long time ago. That does for some reason get it stuck. I believe that the moisture is absorbed into the bag and freezes to the wall. Thatā€™s my educated guess. I donā€™t freeze mine and they slide right out, I gotta give it a pull, but they budge. I wonā€™t load a full 6x48, well mine come apart in sections, but still. Usually my 4x48 slide out easily with 2k in there and I run with -75 solvent

2 Likes

I have valve, I rarely use it but if I can possibly recover some fuel off the material Iā€™m gonna give it shotā€¦how long is long enough,to wait for column recovery,2x24ā€¦I know I usually waste to much time on things

Hard to say, that all depends on temp/vacuum. You ever see a butane mirage coming off your spent material?

2 Likes

I have no good answer for this. This is one of the tasks I fucking hate to do.

This is what Iā€™ve noticed though. If I run excessive gas like say 5lbs of gas on a single lb instead of 3-4lbs of gas like normal. The material just slides out easy.

Also, the faster you get the material out. The easier it is.

I heard someone saying an auger drill bit makes lite work of unpacking spools but never used one. Typically I use a massive screwdriver and get about 9ā€ cleared out on both sides of the column. Then I can use my packer rod to push the remaining out easy.

I donā€™t mind pulling the levers and making sure shit is running right but the little tasks of putting the extractor together, packing spools. Unpacking spools, cleaning up. These are all tasks I hate and really have no shortcuts or tricks really. Maybe thatā€™s why I only do this every month or 2. I hate manual labor. :man_facepalming:t3::crazy_face::shushing_face: :beers:

8 Likes

I had an auger bit for a few, not bad, it works. It can grab material and pull itself in, busting your knuckles on the edge of the column. They work well if you love allergies. Again, even if you only turn on your machine once a month or once a day. Socks make life easy. If they slide in your column easy, you could freeze it before without the steel. But again, that defeats the purpose. Just run cold as imaginable and youā€™ll be good. I do get a bunch stuck in the material, but that makes it easier for me to pull out (only time I do, BAZINGA) while wet (itā€™s too early for me to say shit like that), if Iā€™m not careful Iā€™ll grab it out when itā€™s still freezing and almost burn my hands. I get as much as I can out with the help of nitro, and once my tank is at vacuum, Iā€™ll open up the system and let the tank vac pull everything, for the most part, then shut down my column, remove rest of nitro, warm solvent to room temp (this is crucial for passive) and recover.

2 Likes

U donā€™t think the Nitrogen is the key to them sliding out though? Have u ever tried without, I heard about ppl getting them stuck somehow.

1 Like

I could use it to shoot them out for sure. I actually have a sock sorta stuck right now, may even give it a try

2 Likes

Hey guys! Just updating the link here as weā€™ve changed website hosting services since this was posted. Always happy to come to your facility and do a demo, no strings. Thanks!

Just FYI, weā€™ve fabricated pneumatic solutions and there are some issues when using compressible fluids, such as air, to do the work.

But yes, it can be done. We can help should you decide to go this route. We have leftover inventory of pneumatic seals, glands, valves, etc. on deck should you need anything.

Hope this info will save you some $, time, and headache. Respectfully

2 Likes

where do u buy our socks? my column is 6x48

2 Likes