Packing tubes

Absolutely :+1:

1 Like

Sometimes I’ll take the bottom valve off, angle a green waste can just right, and use and air compressor on the top valve. Weed bazooka, straight into the trash. Doesn’t really save time, but it is pretty fun.

7 Likes

:joy::joy: what pressure the gauge reads right before blast off :grin:

3 Likes

70 made a 3x48 tube shoot it’s 3lb load 20 feet…

6 Likes

Only tried it with trim so far, so no very much at all, maybe 10 to 15 psi.

Too much head pressure at once makes some nice confetti though :tada:

1 Like

Don’t know if you ever found a really good solution to this but I have found a leaf blower in reverse will act like a mega grinder. If you have a hose going detectly into your tubes (with socks inside) and a vacuum (with a particulate filter pulling on the bottom, you can load tubes super quick and easy with a very nice density

11 Likes

What in the hell lol this is awesome I gotta see it

5 Likes

My god this is mad science can you attach a photo of the grind size?

1 Like

Not gonna be home for about 2weeks but it increases the density by 50-100% in
My experience (if the material is super dry it works best)
Ive fit 12# in a 6x48” sock with moderately light packing

3 Likes

Bear in mind that I also spent 12k on an iron fist tube packer. And I prefer the 100$ solution. It’s actually quicker. I leave my tubes mounted and only take the tops off. Pull the sock out when done. Load socks in a hopper column.

6 Likes

So there are these leaf shredders that are pretty much just reversed leaf blowers that shred too… I’m going to buy this one and some shop vac hoses and see what I can cook up…

WORX WG512 Trivac 2.0 Electric 12-amp 3-in-1 Vacuum Blower/Mulcher/Vac, Black and Orange Amazon.com

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Apothecary36 @Intergalactic
Well cats out of the bag now. Been using the famed toro for two years. One guy can grind 1500 in 12 hr shift. Their is another trick to make it go even faster if you aren’t trying to have em pack the socks. Uploading: IMG_0343.MOV…

6 Likes

Dude… you’re killing me with anticipation please re-upload the photo…

2 Likes

lol me tooooooooo im ordering this shit and i dont even know how to reverse it ahahaahh

1 Like

nvm im an idiot

I have writen about this in several treads
Bosch is the brand name of my leaf blower/vacuĂźm
Search bar. Bosch

2 Likes

9 Likes

@Apothecary36 @Intergalactic @samurai

6 Likes

Dude no way, that’s pretty fine as or little less then our futrolla shredder does…