Oversaturation in the hemp industry got you down? Convert it! Ask me how!

To convert cbd to d8/d9-thc.

Place your cbd in a boiling flask. Add 2-5% by weight — acid activated carbon, t41, or 0.5% citric acid. Then distill with the contents stirring around in the flask and the distillate will come out isomerized.

To show how simple of a process this is, i will post my results with lemon juice :lemon: in the boiling flask.

39 Likes

What kind of ratio are you getting with this technique? I’ve found getting the D8 with less than .3% D9 or 2:1 D9:D8 takes different procedures.

you gotta get the d9 down below .3 tho

…lemon juice. never thought of that

3 Likes

Thank you @Ruwan.

Literally, lemons to lemonade … :drooling_face:

2 Likes

son of a bitch. This might be why I wrecked my dogs night on a batch of homebrew cbd oil. I added lemon to the tincture before boiling off the everclear in a double boiler… thoughts?

Edit: I make homebrew cbd oil for my dog’s arthritis. Normally have no issues, he just appears to feel better and definitely moves easier. After giving him the oil that had lemon in it, he was stoned out of his mind. Same flower, same dose as usual.

5 Likes

Offering 100% d8 or d8/d9 blends where it’s legal. Service is $700/L output. Return is minimum 80% by weight.

2 Likes

Hard to adjust ratios precisely with boiling flask methods though.

1 Like

What’s the feedback/experience like with the d8/d9? Any customer feedback?

I’ve been smoking D8 I got from a GLG member and it’s much more relaxing and gives me less anxiety than d9 or thca, it’s just as potent though.

14 Likes

Similar in relaxation to CBN?

I’ve only had CBN a couple times, but it never made me sleepy or relaxed in pure form.

3 Likes

Interesting, thanks for sharing your experience.

conversion to D8/D9… not sure if this was posted anywhere yet… cheers!

CBD-to-THC.pdf (550.5 KB)

2 Likes

Cbn needs thc to blossum

3 Likes

Does this process work for minor cannabinoids as well or just the CBD?

I can reproduce full conversions time and time again, no problem with an adaptation of this method for sure.

1 Like

Are you getting the same 80% return by weight from both cbd distillate and cbd isolate?

Also is this 80% return the same for your D8 with less than .3% D9 as well as the 1:1 D9:D8?

1 Like

My girlfriend liked d8, but I wasn’t a huge fan. It reminds me of an older strain called Flo, which was single digit thc I think, but popular for its “up” high. We had edibles of the d8. Unlike traditional d9 edibles, I found that the d8 does not reduce one’s desire to consume d9.

3 Likes

If anyone offers d8 in smaller amounts let me know. I am interested in trying this. There were d8 carts around me for a minute but by the time I wanted to try them they were gone.

1 Like

(the patent pdf) Thats a good one. Just not very specific and uses some crazy ass shit. Some of the methods dont work very efficiently. Definitely needs a lot of touch up

2 Likes