Our results playing around with C18

You can do 1:1 but it’s not as effective with ethanol. In fact it’s basically not effective at all …

3 Likes

The difference in gradient is literally less then half a percent to separate the two, using ethanol and water. Methanol is much weaker then ethanol and gradient is much higher

4 Likes

I learned how to do it with iso and water. But I’ve heard mixed reviews with everything including ethyl acetate but I can’t confirm that.

I can vouch for @Mosaic_Co-Labs on his ability to bridge. On his exceptional communication. His loyalty and dedication to his friends, clients, and loved ones. His own love for this community. If he doesn’t know the answer then he has someone that does that h will patch you to. He tirelessly works his dick into the dirt and I haven’t heard him complain yet. The dood is a gem. Diamond in the rough. Lookin forward to puttin things together with him.

5 Likes

How about we make a badge system, each individual qualification like hydrocarbon extraction consultant, ethanol extraction consultant, equipment aquisition, sythesis, process optitmization. Shit, should even give a badge for certified lab monkeys.

Badges can be displayed next to your avatar icon like the GLG badge.

3 Likes

@Siosis

As a quick hint we do a methanol water gradient and we use three gradients that vary from 70%-95%. Then we flush with a methyl acetate and methanol mix to neutralize the column.

6 Likes

I’ll be the first to admit I make mistakes, but please let me know where or what “bullshit” you say I have been called on! I do not remember ever seeing anyone, let alone other organic chemists call me out for spreading falsehood! One thing I take very seriously is trying to convey the truth as I understand it, but I am always willing to learn, ask questions and talk about things! So please show me,so I can learn, @Siosis!

18 Likes

@Mosaic_Co-Labs is a legit dude.

1 Like

Ya I’ll tag you when I find it again. More so to the point of no one is infallible

1 Like

yeah, infallible is no fun at all.

inflatable on the other hand…

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

I agree completely with the sentiment that no one is infallible. I certainly know I’m not! No harm, no foul. Mainly, I just want to know when something I say is erroneous. Thank you!

3 Likes

CRC is not chromatography, but I’d argue it has many of the same underlying scientific principles. There’s a reason why a lot of people report better color removal using silica or bleaching clay with alkane but also report favoring ethanol with activated carbon. Just my two cents.

1 Like

good link to the Bickler paper at Biotage. instructive unlike
anything read before now.

I’ve been searching for the best “mobile phase” with little success for good separation of canabinoids.
Recommendations for a guy who can’t get chloroform which is often mentioned?

If you are trying to create a method for remediation then your mobile phase would be the same you plan to use in your column.

Start with 80% methanol and see what that does. it close to what i use for remediation.

4 Likes