Our results playing around with C18

To be fair the title was “playing around with c18” not “reverse phase chromatography procedure”. And it’s certainly possible using c18 as a filter might accomplish something (though it would be quite an expensive one)

6 Likes

I didnt say his experiment was stupid or anything. The reason i made This comment was because he is a verified consultant that didnt know what TLC is.

Am i wrong? Should there be multiple levels of verified chemistry consultants groups same as the slangers? How about verified equipment consultant group.

1 Like

Level 1: verified reader/regurgitator
Level 2: verified consultant
Level 3: verified chemist
Level 4: verified wizard

10 Likes

im level 1 for all things concentrates…HAHAHAHA

Even this monkey knows about TLC plates and fast blue. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil:

And i think there is a old ass thread over at ICmag in this category. @hambread might know a thing or 2 about this… :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

I agree one hundred percent there should be consultation categories

1 Like

Ya should be specific. Some guys are MMJ shelf type products sauce hash etc.

Some guys are conversion and chroma and such.

Some guys are hemp large scale lab design and training and sop etc

Some guys are pure C02

Tons of different specialties

4 Likes

I’m probably a level 2 in that scale,

@MagisterChemist @anon93688 are level 3s

A level 4 would be Gandolf or Merlin. Or @Photon_noir

9 Likes

“I’m not in this industry at all”

Knows chemistry translates to can train people to run labs?

There’s a reason people like us and Rowan and doc Tical and shit go into labs with PHDs that have run them straight into the ground.

Traditional background DO NOT translate

Not directed at you. Just funny comments that have come up so far

6 Likes

I employ a few PhDs in my analytical facility, they are good peeps to know.

5 Likes

I’ve also seen organic chemists call photon out on bullshit. Everyone has their smarts and their flaws

6 Likes

Definitely useful no doubt no doubt. More speaking to the idea that a PhD that is a chemist can run a lab and be an expert on things cannabis. It almost never happens like that.

Expert on cannabis no, hardly ever; expert on analytics yes!

3 Likes

Absolutely. They can almost always do our analytics and column chrome

1 Like

Show me where that may have been implied in my text.

Literally the epitome of this entire forum right here in this thread.

8 Likes

@CannaChemistry so true!

It takes all kinds…and most of us have something unique to offer

I am not a verified consultant. But I think I’d be of great service in a couple areas…I’d appreciate support from those who’ve seen me in my element…to name a few;
@cyclopath @Krative @BrotanicalMatt @phenethylamine1 @Kinsmanofthesun @Ruwan @Kingofthekush420 @CBDOKIE @GreenMachine_Consult

Would anyone listed above vouch for me as a Verified Consultant?
Not sure how I would fit into the
proposed tiered system…My skills are not in chemistry specifically but process efficiency and FBOM…

8 Likes

A verified consultant on this forum has provided multiple personal references that vouch for their ability to successfully consult for them.

A consultant is rarely an expert in everything under the sun. Our verification is only to say other people have paid them and been happy with the outcomes.

We can do tiered ranking, but the community needs to spearhead the planning and regulating. Something like the MoMs in nature.

5 Likes

I would vouch for you all day @Mosaic_Co-Labs. Been very helpful to us. I would also echo what @Future said lots of folks on here with all sorts of skill sets. Having access to a community of brilliant minds is priceless!! Specialties in specific processes would make it much easier to know who to reach out to. Save a lot of folks from answering my stupid dm’s about what their expertise is?:joy::joy:

4 Likes

Can u bring me along cause I HATE IT HERE in the black market right now :rofl::joy:

5 Likes

I was thinking of Chrome columns would look really nice in the lab. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes