Our results playing around with C18

We used 2:1 oil to ethanol/water mixture.

85% etoh 15% H20

4 different 100 gram mixtures over 100 grams of C18

Started off at 77% cbd 3% THC

first 100 grams came back at 26% cbd .8% thc

Last 100 grams came back at 9% cbd .366% thc

Also didn’t flush well enough clearly

Didn’t test the 2 in between since we wernt even close.

Just info for anyone messing around with ratios. Needs to be dissolved in a much higher ratio.

Like 5:1 or 10:1 ethanol/water to oil.

Probably need to use heptane by itself even.

5 Likes

You should do this using a TLC plate so you don’t waste a bunch time searching for your oil.

You only need a 10 mg for TLC. There are also mainly TLC stains you can use: KMnO4, PMA, Iodine, UV, blue fast, sulfuric acid, etc.

7 Likes

10mg? Or 10ml?

It looks very small like a ph card. That I’ll have to look into it more

You literally don’t need much of a sample for TLC. You get 10 mg, dissolve it in a ml of solvent and then spot it onto your TLC plate. In a separate beaker you have the mobile phase you think will separate your stuff. You put the plate in and it will either verify or null your hypothesis.

9 Likes

Your not running solvent gradients…?

5 Likes

Who needs to run proper chroma protocols when you can just run c18 like normal filtration :laughing:

12 Likes

The whole verified consultant group should be split into multiple groups and the real chemists should be in their own group.

Should people be taught these chemical reactions by someone who doesnt understand it themselves…? Should make another group called verified brokers :joy:

13 Likes

90/10 and 80/20 happening this week as well as heptane gradients

Your going to need to trial a ton more gradients then that to get it dialed…

2 Likes

Plugs always worked for me when I didn’t want to run an actual column.

1 Like

People got all confused when people started claiming CRC technique is chromatography. But it isn’t and this protocol isn’t either.

7 Likes

is that 90% ethanol 10% water? Because that is too “non polar” and will not separate anything.

3 Likes

It just helps with our data set for dialing it in further. Don’t expect it to do anything

Trying to see the direct correlation between 90/10 85/15 etc n

Ahhhh who’s a salty little guy? It’s okay bud you can get a cool tag one day to.

But until then why don’t ya read further into it and keep the salt to yourself? Kids on this forum man, rly taking it down a notch. So you can feel free to be ignored and not see my posts anymore on the further 5 more gradients and solvents and all the other input you happily soak up.

Elliot out here rubbing off on people clearly.

:kissing_heart::v:

5 Likes

Your goofy if you think im after a tag. I dont even work in this industry :joy:

Which is kind of my point, if I know more than you do why are you considered a verified consultant?

Anyone can resell an SOP.

6 Likes

Mmhmm. Okay bud. You go on with your bad self. Your an expert. Clearly. You caught me I’m just copying the SOPs the machinery companies give me…? :joy::joy::joy: lmao kids these days. This is what happens when everyone gets a participation trophy people.

A chemistry degree is super helpful. For sure. And you may know more about specifically chromatography then me. Congrats. Never claimed to be an expert at it nor would I ever consult on it.

2 Likes

Again, im not an expert but you continue to prove that you’re pretty clueless with anything but aquiring equipment and you make some pretty fantastical claims as far as that goes. Lol.

I dont know what me being young has to do with what we’re discussing its not like im a fucking high schooler, i guess everyone reacts different to having their feelings/pride hurt. :joy:

3 Likes

this industry is weird. I probably shouldnt be allowed in any lab but for some reason people keep wanting me to come to theirs. :man_shrugging:

Im an admitted brain dead monkey that learned to pull certainl levers and certain temps and psis. I cant wait to tackle rocket science. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

25 Likes

@Siosis

https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/1X/0cee5ea747c21a10047821b1d5c087bff7940dd0.pdf

See chapter 19, Thin Layer Chromatography

You can use it to help develop a solvent system without consuming liters upon liters of mobile phase and Kgs of stationary phase doing trial and error on an actual column.

If you wanna work with c18, you could use RP-HPLC to help ascertain optimal solvent composition for separation, and transfer method to your actual preparative-c18 column

Generally hydrocarbon solvents like heptane are used in normal phase chromatography

Also, found this interesting:

13 Likes

May your humility be contagious on these interwebs :100::fire::spider_web:

11 Likes