Our distillate failed Paclobutrazol

I’ve got a bottle of phosphoload from the old partner too. Now it’s just “art”

Lol

yeah no. not mutually exclusive.

regulating plant growth is absolutely a way of killing unwanted plants.

Agent orange was used a defoliant; and removing the leaves provably kills plants.

2-4-5T is BOTH an extremely effective herbicide AND a potent plant growth regulator (I’ve used it, and 2-4-D, as the auxin for tissue culture…)

this paper used 2-4-5 T as the auxin source for cannabis tissue culture…

5 Likes

Okay, fair enough

2 Likes

Which mole sieves of yours are you recommending for paclo remediation?

He hasn’t logged in since the beginning of September. Maybe another member will chime in with their recommendations.

1 Like

Someone else asked above, but I wanted to know if anyone knew proper ratios of Magsil PR to be effective but mitigate cannabinoid loss with butane through a CRC… I’ve been searching all over the site and can’t seem to find info on it.

Anyone have experience with this? I was thinking maybe like a few inches of magsil pr on top of W1? Or under it maybe

1 Like

Have you checked the papers in this post? Internal Journal: Future’s Pesticide Remediation Tek - Data Dump / Pesticide Remediation - Future4200

1 Like

Skimmed a little but stopped when it looked like it was for chromatography with heptane?

You should in theory be able to use butane, because it is an alkane, but I don’t know how well it would work. I haven’t heard of many (if any) using butane to remediate their distillate. You’re going to need hexane anyway because you’re going to have to perform water washes on the disty. That’s an integral part of the process because it pulls all of the water soluble particles, and you have to have that step…
If I’m not mistaken, I’m pretty sure that the pesticide (or most of it) is water soluble…

1 Like

Oh wow I’m sorry I should have specified, this would be to run material through a CLS making concentrates…

And just realized what a terrible thread to be asking this on… it’s early for me lol, but I saw someone mention putting magsil PR in their CRC so I commented here :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Are you trying to remediate pesticides? Or? I’m confused, because if you’re trying to remediate a pesticide I would follow the SOP. That’s if it was either disty, or an after extraction concentrate. At the end of whatever you would be consider as concentrated.
Sure, you could use Magsil in your CRC if you wanted to, but that shit is SUPER expensive. There are many other better CRC medias to use to filter since that seems more like what you are wanting to do.

1 Like

Yeah what I’m wanting to do is run trim I get and have it be completely lab compliant so that it’s actually safe to consume. My friends all love my extracts, but I’ve never done a full panel test and realizing that if I’m not remediating pesticides I could be poisoning people?

I’m currently using W1 and ultra clear from @Waxplug1 (which is phenomenal) for color remediation

1 Like

There shouldn’t be any pesticides in anything you run (hopefully). Are you buying your material from people you trust? Are they getting it tested in any way? If pesticides are a worry, make them test their shit first before you buy it, or you test it. Ideally, you would turn that shit around before it even makes to you.

I do trust him, but he isn’t the grower and unfortunately it’s my only source. I would like to just be able to take anything I get and run it into a clean product especially because I give away a lot of the finished product to friends in need, so I can’t spend a whole lot.

I’m ok with spending the little extra on media, if it means I don’t have to take risks finding more trim sources if that makes sense

1 Like

I feel you. It’s an expensive process to remediate pesticides, and is something that is only done when it is needed because the process is very specific. I would factor in the cost of a pesticide test for every batch that you get. What’s spending $50-100 to ensure there’s no pesticides in it? Factor up the cost of using Magsil on every run, and figure out which is the most economically feasible.
You were talking about passing testing being a priority. So make your extracts, send them in for testing, and THEN if you need to remediate, remediate. You’re paying 1 time for a test (that you were going to do anyway), and you can find out at that point if it needs more remediation or not. It will save you money on using Magsil on every run, for no real reason.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. I guess just reading around here with morning coffee got me a little freaked out. Plus one of my buddies asked recently “is there pesticides in it” which I hadn’t even given a thought. I def don’t want to test every batch, was hoping if I just sprinkle the right ratio of magsil I wouldn’t ever have to think about it, but I do think your right. I still am curious, if it DOES need remediation what kind of ratio to put into my crc. Like if I run 5lbs of biomass, is there a g:lb of magsil:biomass or is it kinda still guess work. Thanks for your replies brother

1 Like

I’ll be damned if I can find ratios! And THAT’S saying something… I tried Google, and didn’t too far. There alot of info here, and I haven’t been quite motivated enough to wade through them to find the information. It’s an unfortunate thing, but part of the process…
Just keep trying different variations of searches, and going through them 1 by 1. I’m sure someone has posted something somewhere on this forum!

1 Like

Haha exactly. I’ve been scouring for two days now, but I’ll get a little more patient and keep going. Thanks again!

1 Like

Forgive me if this is obvious, but why not just wash with water? Distillate will be immiscible and you can remove water soluble impurities, let separate and take the organic layer?

Is it because the distillate will be to viscous?

Anyone have any successful method they’re willing to share? Need to remediate Paclobutrazol from distillate.