Our distillate failed Paclobutrazol

Any advise on how to get rid of it? we ran our distillate through a chromatography column once.

Chemical Residue Screening

Paclobutrazol μg/g 0.09
LOQ (μg/g) 0.03
LOD (μg/g) 0.01
Action Limit μg/g 0.00

Paclobutrazol is soluble in water and hexane, so you can remediate your distillate by washing it w/ hexane followed by water 5x or so. You should be able to observe the water-soluble impurities (including paclobutrazol) separate in real time

14 Likes

thank you Sacrafty, so after the washes rotovape the solution and then spd right?

Damn don’t you love this place!!!

Whens the family lunchin’ :joy::joy::joy::joy::tada::tada::tada::tada:

10 Likes

Yep! Here’s more info on paclobutrazol solubility if you’re intending to uses other solvents/solutions for remediating your stuff. Since s

Solubility in solvents @ 20 C: water (26 mg/l), acetone (110 g/l), cyclohexanone (180 g/l), dichloromethane (100 g/l), hexane (10 g/l), xylene (60 g/l), methanol (150 g/l), propylene glycol (50 g/l)

8 Likes

but the question is-will the pesticide go with the water or stay with the hexane

3 Likes

Hopefully OP gives us on update on their pest test results of the remediated distillate AND the water used to wash out the hexane+paclobutrazol :slight_smile:

Because of the CL tail you can also use our molecular sieve beads to remove the paclo. @Sacrafty

4 Likes

I guess I’m not gonna get that $9,999

I can pay you with CBD isolate, I have 300000000 Kg of it for sale :slight_smile:

I personally, would love to see what 661.34 million pounds of isolate looks like and the storage facilities used.

7 Likes

I really would like to see that too.

Sorry it was a typo it is 0.0000000003 Kg

5 Likes

I’m interested in using your molecular sieve beads, please send me more info.

are you guys successfully remediating PBZ from distillate using a hexane/water wash? based on @Sacrafty post on solubility it appears more soluble in H2O at 20 degrees then the Hexane. so the water should pull the PBZ into its solution when mixed up.

1 Like

Just looking through this thread. notice that the solubility for water is in mg not g.

I’d wager a hexanes:MeOH/Water LLE would do the trick. Hexanes water would probably require about a million washes to do any good.

1 Like

That’s my favorite LLE anyways

It looks like Pbz is least soluble in water out of all those solvents so an lle with water would not pull the paclo out

2 Likes

Is there a way to remove the paclo with butane and crc?

The easy way is to dilute to a passable loq with clean product

The hard way and better way is chromatography

3 Likes

Magsil in a crc column.

XJyemeI

6 Likes