Opinions on MCT? c8?

Whats your opinion on using stuff like c8 MCT as a thinner? As a thinner like 1%-2% for thicc material? Or do the 2mm holes take care of it and no need for it? Also anybody know the data on if c8 mct is safer than other MCT’s with a wider variety of acids or is it just better as a thinner or why are people using c8 mct vs regular mct?

There’s going to be a bunch of variability in your starting distillate texture as well, so there’s no “right” answer here.

There’s some stuff in the heads fraction of your distillate run that might serve better.

No matter how you look at it you’re “likely” going to be inhaling some fats/wax in your cart anyhow, so adding a couple percent c8 has worked well for me, and I’m not going to take a weird moral stance on weed fats are somehow better.

There’s such a variety in vape carts, even with 2mm holes; that I’ve encountered clogging and had thousands of dollars in carts returned to me when I didn’t dilute.

I would use a diluent if you’re using store bought terps.

If you’re using your own terps and part of heads fraction then I wouldn’t add any extra diluent.

4 Likes

Coming from the nicotine vape-world it weirds me the fuck out to vape lipids on purpose.

2 Likes

What concentration works well for you? c8 over regular mct? or it doesn’t matter? I’m gonna get some hemp terps. The botanical one terps were alright but I want to experience a more authentic flavor.

Pretty sure it’s safe but a lot of the purists avoid it just to put out a cleaner product. I don’t really blame them but it saves me a massive headache so I use it. I use it for the same reason tweedledew does. Have had loads of clogging issues over the years. A small amount of MCT saves me the headache of 100 phone calls when people can’t hit the last third of their cart.

That being said I’m pretty sure terpenes haven’t even been proven to be safe. Wouldn’t surprise me if 10 years from now they found out terpenes were way worse than mct oil.

2 Likes

What percentage works well for you or is it dependent on the viscosity of your starting disty? @futurewhis

Depends on your starting viscosity and cart hole size. But I’d do 2-6%

1 Like

The more you add the easier the product is to work with. That being said I would start small and go from there. 5-10% should do the trick.

Another option is a lot of people say to add more terps. IMO anything over like 6% terpenes sucks to smoke. I haven’t really toyed with the unflavored options though so I can’t really give good advice there. I think @Betroit has an option he might be able to give solid advice.

2 Likes

Just get a good cart and you won’t need mct. I use 5% terps with this.

9 Likes

I did 7% with some gold coast zkittlez terps and no dilutent. It was pleasant for the most part, occasionally getting a bit too gassy/chemically, but it was still a bit thicc, that is why I am asking about MCT. Last 10% of the cart didn’t want to flow. Definitely want to try some hemp terps.

Wow that looks tasty. Are you using Wolks?

No I didn’t like the wolks they don’t hit hard enough. It’s a shame because I want all ceramic but my current cart hits too good to replace.

Spend the money on the right cart you will never clog.

I am not a fan of ikrusher. I’ve said this several times on the forum but they make one cart that is absolutely the best cart I’ve ever seen. Never had a single failure that wasn’t user error and it smokes like a train. It beats every company in our tests.

2 Likes

I’ve tried 30 different carts.

There’s plenty of carts that clog less.

I haven’t found any that never clog, 3-4/100 clogs per 100 was the best I found. These were guaranteed to never clog by a north american company.

So either there’s so error on my end from filling or too stiff of distillate. Or else there’s an issue along the way with user error or hardware/battery variability.

Build your products to be idiot proof.

Use fractions of your heads, it’s by far the best option.

1 Like

Try the Calibr Pro from ikrusher …

3 Likes

Unfortunately I am not an extract artist so I don’t have access to that, but hopefully soon I’ll find someone to fill my jars :yum: What cart do you like?

1 Like

I’ll check them out!

I wouldn’t use mct.

1 Like

Do you use anything as thinner or just cartridges designed for thicc material? Terps at 10% seem to be a bit high for my taste, but it helps with viscosity. Would like to avoid MCT if possible. @Aka

Terps at 10% is way too high for most companies. Some I wouldn’t go higher than 3%.

Really depends on your terp supplier.

True 8%
Denver 5%
Floraplex 8%

1 Like