Open source Idea/community designs for a Stainless Steel Brick Press

Ever since Frenchy passed I’ve been getting back into my old school roots of wanting to mess around with pollen/resin glands. Such as Water Hash, Sieving Dry, Drum Sieving, Using Dry Ice to freeze material before sieving. More recently I’ve been looking at non-heated Brick and Pellet Presses.

So far what I have a problem finding is 100% Stainless Steel Brick Boxes or Brick Presses. I’ve found the Stainless Round Presses (Pellet Presses) from BVV but I’ve been having the hardest time finding a Stainless Steel Brick Press.

Anyone have any good ideas on where to find a Stainless Steel Brick Press?

3 Likes

Bro, make your own, you want me to make one for you? I have an idea in my head that could work fine using hard plastic as the main part of the press, and we’ll line it using sheets of SS, or something. I might fuck around and find something that people are looking for they just don’t know it yet. There’s quite a few people that choose this route for whatever reason over solvent extraction…

I don’t see why I can’t make a press that can change the size if the plattens to adjust the size of the bricks for whatever scale/preference. I pretty much have it in my head, but there’s plenty of food safe things to get your hands on something that will perform decently for he at home producer…

Block press… Find it, and line it with SS. Hit me up if you find something usable

4 Likes

I’ve been messing around in my head with the idea of seeing if IndoFab Solutions can fabricate me an all stainless Brick Press Frame that can be used with an 8ton bottle jack. As well as custom specs for the brick mold. I’m still looking around but depending on if it’s possible and the price I might go through IndoFab Solutions.

1 Like

They make cheese presses. That’s where my mind first went

4 Likes

I’ve got an aluminum pre-press for rosin I could let go of

How big a brick so you want to press?

Probably like an oz or 2

1 Like

4 oz bullion bar complete with stamp that says the strain and weight.

Just like those other metal tokens y’all collect.

…But made outta pressed hash.

8 Likes

Aluminium block with a logo cut out on a cnc?

1 Like

You forgot the italics…

1 Like

I need a kilo sized brick with a scorpion logo

8 Likes

I think the rosin pre-press is a good idea. Depending on force you could get away with that and a harbor freight hydraulic press for cheap

3 Likes

Nope. I never want to work with aluminum presses.

1 Like

I’ve had so many “high quality cnc airplane grade aluminum” twist presses leach aluminum flakes.

Isn’t wrapped in cellophane in the USA before being pressed?

I’ve got something in my head based off of a carpentry tool. I’m going to better outline the idea on the paper, and we’ll get it to @Soxhlet and he’ll make it happen. But I’m just using ideas of stuff that’s used for other things. We can make a fully adjustable, screw controlled press that is setup to be adjustable. It’s a matter of getting all of the meal to work together how I want it to.
I’m on it! I just have quite a bit going on, and I’m using my using my noggin for a couple of things. I’m also coming off of the last of the psychotropics I was on. Last antidepressant was 4 days ago, and Lyrica ends In a couple of days… Clearing my head of the last of the fog I hope!

4 Likes

Hi @Capttripppp,
Something like this could be rigged up relatively cheaply.

For the pressing you could use either an arbor press or rig up a frame with a bottle jack.
A mold to press into would be pretty straight forward.

@GroovyOctopusLabs you got any ideas as far as dimensions?

5 Likes

Not yet I’m waiting to be on my yearly tolerance break which is starting on the 12th, to start on the math part of this idea.

I’m most likely subconsciously trying to get an idea going so I have something to do for then and I feel like this could easily consume me for that time being.

I digress, I will get back to you :octopus:

1 Like

i got an old school press here id consider getting rid of. I posted it in the crc threat… Let me find it!

id say this thing is just about 20 years old

2 Likes

would be sweet to have a memento from killa in my collection

2 Likes