Opaline Silica Thread

As did falling formulations :joy:

5 Likes

I’ll go to the mine and get a bunch of it forrealz.

2 Likes

I’ll buy some of it lol

1 Like

So what micron filter can we use with this stuff? Anything below 25?

Kaolin is hydrous aluminosilicate, Metakaolin is manufactured by the calcination of kaolin to form an amorphous pozzolanic, the calcination process is similar to what @Photon_noir described he did to activate his media.

The only difference between kaolin and the stuff offered by oil dri is the fact that the stuff oildri sells is granulated as opposed to the powder.

Calcined Kaolin 50lbs for $4.
Non calcined kaolin 25 kg for $2.50.

6 Likes

if @Dred_pirate didn’t dry it, and it worked, then perhaps the wizard just has a thing against water :man_shrugging:

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

10 Likes

So did you have to recirculate it or was a simple wash enough?

1 Like

Single pass inline, just like a regular crc run

1 Like

What temperature did you use?

1 Like

Mildly chilled (mostly) isobutane, then dewax chamber down to -65 change for a little bit.

2 Likes

I just realized I didn’t respond.

In my 4" spool to my sintered disc. Probably about 4" depth. Maybe. I was just screwing around, if it didn’t work, I was just going to do what I was thinking of earlier. Loading the crc like normal then sending the solvent after dewax through the regular media

I too am a dumbass. While there were 4 boards full of dope info, I only took a pic of one…

@Kingofthekush420 @murphymurri did you guys grab any pics of the boards? I know somebody did

7 Likes

Yeah?

That was the only board my dumb ass even caught a glimpse of…:cry:

You’re right though, somebody has them.

1 Like

All good. Cool cool so next time i’ll try it with some more media and see how it goes. My run isn’t finished but from the pour it seems like the terps seemed like a normal live run which is a good step in the right direction.

3 Likes

It still has life in it, but nothing quite like that first run. Even with recirculation.

Depending on your goals, it might should be retired to spill kit, or cat litter duty at this point.

1 Like

@Cannagas had one.

Other side was Murph and Boris’ doodles

10 Likes

Wait we losing that CRC ughhhh smell?

I certainly hope so

1 Like

When you say mildly chilled how cold would you say that is?

1 Like

You should see the gear pump we are running, this thing is a beast. Quiet too!
We can build it in air driven option or explosion proof electric.The potential for diaghapragm rupture scares the crap out of me.

3 Likes