Opaline Silica Thread

Lmao you made my night with this hahahahaha

2 Likes

@cyclopath
Let’s see this loop your referring too… I don’t get how you would do it without a liquid pump when you would have equal pressure on both sides

Me neither…

As far as “pictures or it didn’t happen”. No can do. Doesn’t exist anymore.

there was a sketch up on the white board when this was explained in Vegas, and I could have sworn it was posted around here somewhere.

@Photon_noir’s description

There’s more too it…so follow the link back up thread for the novella.

Or even start again from the top if you haven’t seen how we got here yet.

1 Like

Add an intermediate heat exchanger between the CRC and collection and you can really up that recovery rate …
Off topic, please continue…

6 Likes

This sounds like a math problem for @downtheterphole :laughing:

1 Like

Along the lines of Recovery pump selection - #71 by Roguelab ?!?

Yep. Wish that had crossed my mind before I saw it done :wink:

If you read @Photon_noir’s description, and @j12’s “ain’t got time for that”, you’ll see that you’re actually ON topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely along those lines. It’s a nice way to increase heat transfer in a batch vessel.

3 Likes

Any hvac recovery unit can pump liquid
So drainport evaporation pot to hvac recovery unit to crc builds pressure in the right direction to :wink:

3 Likes

It does work…

15 Likes

Did you dry it?

Did the pictures not upload?

3 Likes

Pics look good. Did you dry it in vac oven prior to the run?

I just used a wee bit more. I will try to dry it out when I get back from the road

1 Like

So it works even without drying? Nice.

niiice cant wait to get my sample!!! Howd she flow @Dred_pirate

If it does (@Dred_pirate’s response seems ambiguous at the moment), then apparently @J12 did not receive a golden ticket.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Called oil dri today and talked to Scott…he didn’t really know shit…where did you get yours from?

Flow was really good. I go through a 0.2 micron disc too and I didn’t notice. I want to say that the same rules apply with using an excess of solvent.

@destroytec I’m sure I could and will dry it out for next uses. But this round I wanted to see how it would work.

4 Likes

Call Tom.

I think he’s the bossman.

2 Likes

How much did you use?

1 Like