Only The Strong sauce tek

Will this also work with washed tiny diamonds, pit into room temp pentane and a slow evap? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

heat will increase the solibility of your solvent allowing smaller crystals to dissolve back into the mother liquor, larger crystals will not fully dissolve. As the temp of the mother liquor is allowed to drop, so does the solubility of the solvents. The only nuculation points left are the larger structures. This forces larger crystals to grow.

6 Likes

Anybody have any ideas on why after the cold crash it has a red hue?
It is GG#5 chopped live and frozen. I did’nt do anything different than my last few runs of GG#5 and they were all yellow and much lighter. When I look from the top it looks more gold. I thought I read oxidation could cause this but not sure how that would relate to my situation.

1 Like

The plant could have been cut down late

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. All were grown by me and it was not harvested late or later than previous harvests. Here is an unfocused pic as it 1st started going into the collection pot

Pic of bottom of pot after the pour. Def looks more golden than usual as it is usually a bright Yellow

Pic right after the cold crash. At no time did it go on a heat source. Plants were still nice and bright green when harvested. I have a lab freezer so went from chopped direct to -86c.

Wow doesn’t even look remotely close to the same jar

4 Likes

I know first one looks like this old ass trim run I had the other day… But you’re the grower so we know it’s not that!
Maybe your stuff still comes out fire…

I’ve had runs that laid around even in freezer darker more Amber yellow … Was always clear though…

All the CBD converted even in freezer?

It was only in the lab freezer for 48hrs.

Pic right before harvest

5 Likes

Can’t beat that!

1 Like

Take some clean ethanol and test ph of clean ethanol with hydrion paper from grow store. Then, take a small sample of your extract and add a few drops of clean ethanol to the sample( only a little bit!)

Compare the ph of the red sample to a sample of yours that is “normal”

2 Likes

Thanks I will give that a try. Forgot to mention I use 2 inline filters with just paper and pro-pak distillation packing. I don’t use any powders for color remediation or extensive filtering. I get very little fats/waxes so that’s why I do not bother with powders. Only time my filters have much in them is if I do a dry cured run for someone else.

2 Likes

hi there Otscc how do i crystallize THC O Acetate from liquid THC O Acetate , which kind of equipment do I need and what do I have to do to take an extra precaution during crystallization?

Update pics on my red tinted pimp juice. This is after 9 days. I am thinking the red tint might be Beta-carotene chlorophyll.

7 Likes

yes sir! this is my second attempt at diamonds and id say it worked out pretty good! this is a fresh frozen live run of Sophie’s Breath from thug pug and In The Pines from aficionado. Sophie brings the grapes and rotten teeth, In The Pines brings the pineapple candy and they all party in this jar!
shown here at day 22 sealed, never opened. I haven’t noticed any more growth over these last few days, I kinda have to look every few days to really notice. I kept this one in the closet sitting on an old rosin plate set to 90f (the jar and contents only reach 85f that way).
love the tek, love the community and I absolutely love leveling up in the extracts game for free. thank you so so much @Otscc and @Future for sharing the info and building this site for everyone!

7 Likes

I had a scheduled delivery from Hebrew Extraction and they never delivered.

1 Like

Has anybody here made diamonds using a nitrogen backfilled vacuum oven?

4 Likes

You have a vacuum oven that can be pressurized? I tried with my AI and just blew the seal off.

3 Likes

When I worked in a Consulting lab dealing with electrochemical capacitors we had a couple environmental chambers that could hold pressure

3 Likes

I have a new piece of equipment coming next week that is a vacuum oven/ pressure tank up to 150 psi

Price is 10k it was an expensive build but im sure it will change the game.

8 Likes

Man I should try and get a hold of my old lab I know their last few projects before they were retiring and closing should be wrapping up here in the next couple months bet you I could grab those environmental Chambers off them on the cheap

3 Likes