Only The Strong sauce tek

You can always weigh. Dissolve in alcohol winterize and reweigh.

I really like making sure the samples I’m making don’t contain any powders. So every sample should be dissolved in alcohol prior to dabbing.

Thc/thca will dissolve in alcohol. Waxes, powders won’t and will drop out. This is all new tech. Everyone really needs to make sure that what they are smoking is really thc/thca.

This is just a precaution. Personally my health is more important than a g of concentrates to test my concentrates. This can be done in a super small beaker.

7 Likes

Waiting on tane to purge

@Killa12345 dissolve in iso? Don’t have etho.

2 Likes

I’m only using everclear here. Sorry. Never properly winterized till I started playing the everclear game

9 Likes

Silica melts at 1417c and boils st like 2600c, I can’t find anything on the phase change temps of the clays, do you think they could travel through a rig when taking a dab? Pretty sure they aren’t vaporizing if they are present…

1 Like

I did a solubility test on the powders and they dont dissolve and pass through 3um

2 Likes

Personally I have no clue. I just keep seeing these weird pictures from everyone questioning the purity of the extracts. Until we know for sure this simple test could make sure were not smoking powders.

I personally dont think It’s passing threw the papers but we keep seeing crystallization in record times. I’m just not a fan of something if I can’t explain why it’s happening.

4 Likes

I use a 2um final filter and haven’t had anything pass through…yet…

4 Likes

I ment 2um, was a mistype

1 Like

You have seen these powders pass threw 2um filters? Are you sure it’s not creeping around the paper?

1 Like

The finnest partical is magnesol which required to be filtered at 5um to remove completely

Yeah I’m not using the magnesol and I think the smallest particle size I’m using is like 20um.

3 Likes

I use 2 5 um screen an 1 5 um sinster disc and 2 more 3um screens. Incase shit

4 Likes

Doesnt recrystalization in pentane happen about that fast though?

2 Likes

I would guess fats or something you filtered it with got through.

Going to do some testing next week.

1 Like

You ran your regular acetone dry ice cold right?

1 Like

It was a bit warmer than usual. That why i think its fats binding and improper saturation

1 Like

Ah okay, i get a decent amount of fats running the temp i do, but next to none if i run my sleeved column with dry ice only in it… acetone is colder so id assum your regularly somewhere in the middle.
I pour my slabs and then use etho to clean my platter instead of scraping it clean i jar it and save for crude, and ot has given me a solid idea as to what my fat content is every run because of it.

3 Likes

I save my pan scrapping for edibles or capsules

3 Likes

Could you explain how you used thermocycling on an application like this? Thanks!