Only The Strong sauce tek

Yeah I think the slurries been lil to cold… Bunch ppl running into freezing solid

1 Like

How was the flow rate through the filters after dewaxing? Sometimes it gets super stuck.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s really strain dependent…some have a shit ton of wax some have little to none…but yes it’s gets annoying when ya get a clogged filter! I got a pretty good and quick filter set up…so it doesn’t happen often…

What filters do you use? And are the balls stainless or tungsten?

1 Like

Balls are stainless, and I use a dual micron setup both stainless…

2 Likes

No bullshit that made my morning. I was gonna actually post a week ago if anyone has any plans on making a release valve on a jar lid. Does it work well? Cause I still haven’t attempted diamonds due to my extreme fear of jars breaking, so if it works really well I’ll replicate the idea.

1 Like

Honestly I’m the only one I believe who has had a jar break, and I’m pretty sure it was because,

1. I over etched the glass.
  2. Theres smooth side jars out there and they are remarkably thinner walled than the canning jars with designs and ball written on them, I’ve even had great success using pint size jars
    That yeti tank he posted above is 1gal, does Rtic make gallon with large mouth openings?
    Just in case anyone thinking it I wouldn’t try to grow diamonds directly in those, 2 reasons, 1 they are vacuum insulated, 2 I’ve seen ones lid shoot through ceiling panels when someone left one full of kambutcha in a diner… never found the lid…
6 Likes

They do! Opening 4", Base 6.25" Height 12"
https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/bottles/One-Gallon-Jug-Stainless

1 Like

Nice! I was gonna comment that there are cheaper versions of yeti but I dont know any making a wide mouth like that, good find!
It would be nice as 6" opening I can barely fit my hand down 3" so 4" while holding a jar might be impossible,

1 Like

get yourself one of these! Robot or human?

5 Likes

You mean I haven’t needed to frostbite my fingers this whole time?!?

8 Likes

I think you can contact RTIC for a custom fabrication. Not sure though.

1 Like

So they do exist.

2 Likes

RTIC caught my attention from Facebook because a guy who works for a cbd company swears by them and upon google searches i learned RTIC is the YETI alternative. Some of the specs differ between products but RTIC is budgeted YETI.

1 Like

Bingo!

A good normal jar u’ll shoot the lid through the ring band like I did!!!

Jar completely fine… although the lid was a muffin bent in two… Which was way too much solvent

1 Like

Ahh yes the canning prongs! Good call sir

1 Like

Yeah the yeti was the only maker with a wide enough mouth to fit jars up to 24oz. That’s theonly reason i went yeti.

1 Like

This ones over 5in I believe I’ll measure…

2 Likes

stupid canning jar trick #223

5 Likes

Cheap alternative? https://masonjarlifestyle.com/product/silicone-fermentation-airlock-valve-lid-wide-mouth-mason-jars/
Didnt know it was a thing but apparently they make self burping lids, thanks @cyclopath
Oh this ones adjustable pressure relief
Wide Mouth Canning Jar Lid with Pressure Relief Valve (PRV). NorCal Brewing Solutions

1 Like