Only The Strong sauce tek

Not enough solvent it I see solid frozen later…

BTW u can still achieve diamonds, just wait till 1/3 level which close and seal…just want be singular diamonds

Lately been thinking solid frozen during cold crash equals to super saturated I think the word

And white sand no bloom may be too much solvent… More test to find out soon but I know for sure if it freeze layer you let to much evap before cold crash…

2 Likes

Diamonds made with puretane pass residuals, it’s a more sugary diamond run mixed with sauce, purged 4-5 days @85 full vac. Hope that helps any of you who don’t have this priveledge get an idea…

4 Likes

Pic of some fresh frozen OG Kush right after cold crash.

8 Likes

Now that’s a cold crash… Any insight…dewax or not?..we’d love to hear more

I have a :27 vid of it forming but the file is too large to upload and I am not allowed to post links yet. Whole plants minus fan and non-sugar leaves froze at -80c in a lab freezer for 24hrs within 2hrs of cutting. Inline de-wax in my closed loop system. Was wet so didn’t weigh but guessing it would have been a little over a lb if it was dried.

2 Likes

Short vid before they dissolve

1 Like

I must be doing it wrong, mine never do that that’s awesome! I’d say you got it down!

2 Likes

Is this a proper cold crash?

the darker layer on the bottom is frozen and doesn’t move.

2 Likes

You will probably get sugar, I believe you have not enough solvent left, the one I had like that practically dried up, so i had to start over, does anyone know if it’s the butane contents causing crystallization? Like traces of pentane causing it to be less polar so it’s easier for them to drop out of solution? I’ve only had luck using puretane the other 2 crashed like so far like @b_mk6 but I know I had plenty of solvent, after capping they sludged up so I added puretane redissolved re crashed for 6 hours and got decent sized sugar, I haven’t tried a propane blend yet, just curious after seeing the residuals tests I got back…

1 Like

Diamonds starting after 2 weeks. This was a dry cured 6 oz run of OG Kush

1 Like

@Baked-All-Day hell yea man!! can you post a picture from the side of the jar?
How viscous is the solution?
I’ve been out of cold crash for 2 days at 85 degrees and I haven’t seen a glimmer of anything I want to compare to see if I have to little or to much solvent

2 Likes

I did not see anything for over a week so would not get worried yet. How much material did you run?

1 Like

Getting awesome crystal growth on these doodoo diamonds using osst less than a week in. Going to recrystallize this batch a couple times.

3 Likes

What’s osst ?

Thanks a ton. You can see the butane goes up all the way to the button of that frost at the top of that jar. You don’t think that’s enough butane ?

1 Like

So I keep getting like one solid formation at the bottom but no diamonds.

1 Like

2 Likes

Lil more solvent when u seal it shut! And a high terp really helps… Otherwise ur temps are important during seal stage to keep viscosity thin so molecules can move, maintain that warm temp 80-90f…and possibly just tad more solvent…
What kind solvent did u use…?

3 Likes

Does the cooler matter. I’m considering an RTIC cooler.

Cooler doesn’t matter for how long you use dry ice for, it sublimates regardless I asked our distributor and he said it won’t matter. For cold crash I’ve left my cooler out for 48 hours a 16 quart cooler from Wal-Mart for 16 bucks with 25lbs of dry ice lasts like 4 days, you can wrap with emergency blanket to add insulation if you want…

2 Likes