Only The Strong sauce tek

Welp damn someone forgot to cap. Can this be salvaged?

1 Like

Just hang in there, you might not get single pieces but youā€™ll get diamonds still

Ok so i re added butane n was able to salvage it, dropped a seed and now theres these weird patterns where the seed dropped and looks like is disturbed multiple layers. Whats going on here?https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/2X/f/fdaf4e54c22102b28b1e246845f2300946588325.mp4

Am i the only one having trouble getting picture to open

3 Likes

same here

2 Likes

1 Like

In my head only certain strains can make full bloom. Others have different bloom while soomdonā€™t bloom. Does not mean canā€™t achieve diamonds. My reason behind it is they all have different terpenes causing different amount of pressure when capping in my opinion . Same as if you had straight butane vs straight propane.

1 Like

When you try to bloom in initial freezing depending on how fast thc separates from mother liquid I think has a lot to do with if you get a nice looking bloom. Which is why I feel terpenes come into play changing the speed of thc seperating from mother liquid or I may be completely wrong

what does cyro mean ?

1 Like

Balls cold
ā€¦ usually dry ice slurry w acetone or something like denatured alcohol. Or ln2

Aka cryogenic

2 Likes

Thank you sir, appreciate it got that going right now but I got my jar inside a coffee Thermos with dry ice and iso instead of freezer or cooler. Obviously not sealed tight haha.

Hey guys. Iā€™m new here. Many thanks for the site and what you guys are doing. Iā€™m a newbie to diamonds, been making bho for 3 years very successfully, I followed the sop step for step Only Iā€™m using 300ml (Iā€™m from England) mason jars. Iā€™ve got 2 jars that Iā€™ve capped and placed in separate vac ovens but for the life of me I canā€™t stop the lids from leaking/ slash popping. I can literally here the it coming out as a hissing noise. Itā€™s happened on both. Iā€™ve tried 6 different lids now. The two part lid with the band and the single part lids with the rubber seal. Is this suppose to happen? Am I doin something wrong. Iā€™m capping at a 1/3 anyone else have this problem. Any help please guys? :pray:t3:

Yes heres ur helpā€¦
Cap at 1/4 mark instead

This is coming from everyone having DIFFERENT amounts of oil laden solvent, not everyone has same amount oil dissolved, itā€™ll change the mark just by oil volume

1 Like

Thanks for the quick replyā€‹:hugs: Iā€™ve already done the 1/4 mark cap and the 1/5 mark cap (haha I recapped as I was losing it) and still the pressure build is too much and itā€™s hissing out. Itā€™s not a massive run but off the same run Iā€™d normally yield 25-30g of shatter. Iā€™m not saying Iā€™m any relation to the diamond yield but to let you know the amounts Iā€™m working with. Going off what you are saying it seems it has something to do with saturation?? My run is small therefore Iā€™m hihgly saturated at the 1/3,1/4,1/5 mark? Ikdā€¦:thinking:

What kind of viscosity are you at when capping at the third mark

? Hereā€™s a pic of my jar and lids. Same stuff as everyone else??

1 Like

And ur tightening the piss out of itā€¦
Those are not the exact ones I use

I usually retighten after first hr and day bc pressure will back it offā€¦
You shouldnā€™t hear hissingā€¦ It should seal, and after you saying that Iā€™m gonna say order some ball mason jars ,quart wide mouth with measurements on itā€¦ Still thinking itā€™s those bandsā€¦ If doesnā€™t tighten up without losening!

To many ppl do this all the time, very repeatable

You either arenā€™t getting tight enough or bad jarsā€¦
If outter band strips when you try to tighten it then you need new bands

BTW my lids buldge out every time, not ton but definitely up!.. But never hissā€¦ But all the visual solvent will be gone after the first 24hrs of being sealedā€¦ Itā€™s gonna look like thinner oil after first day being sealed, no longer at 1/3 Rd mark

1 Like

Yeah real tight and then some! Possibly is the jars but Idk. Iā€™ve tighten them back up and itā€™s rebulged but no hissing this timešŸ¤žšŸ¼ With my run being small you still think I need quarts jars?? What consistency is yours when capping at a third? Iā€™ve spent all night reading most threads. Iā€™m thinking its was over saturated. I thread I read said, if I understood it right, around a 50% saturation of cannabinoids to solvent solution. Worked well ie in my situation as I know I usual get around 25-30g I should have around 60-70ml give or take. Which I believe Iā€™m at now. A thin syrup. This sound like I could on to something? Uploadingā€¦ Uploadingā€¦

undersaturated: too much solvent, not enough cannabinoids (solute) to precipitate (crystallize).

saturated: solvent is carrying as much solute as it can hold. remove solvent, and things will start to ppt.

super saturated: more solute in the solvent than it can carry. ppt is imminent. crystallization will be rapid, and fine grained.

youā€™re aiming for saturated, then slow evaporation.
you started with too much solvent.
which means you were under saturated.

8 Likes

can anyone tell me wtf is going on in this jar lol

1 Like