Only The Strong sauce tek

Only the strong sauce tek

3 Likes

Hate to say it but whip it butane, only thing I could get my hands on and didnā€™t feel comfortable ordering it. No close loop or anything I did somewhat dewax it after about an hour in the dry ice/ISO mix I rubberbanded a coffee filter on top of my jar and dumped into another jar ended up losing quite a bit of oil though cause is didnā€™t wanna just run through like I was hoping but still seems like it caught quite a bit of fats making this batch noticeably lighter than others from same material.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m really confusedā€¦ U put butane in jar? And tried to filter that?..

https://www.amazon.com/Extraction-50-EXT-12-Extractor-Diameter-Stainless/dp/B01GKHNOKO/ref=asc_df_B01GKHNOKO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241932351960&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12078899387558747168&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010645&hvtargid=pla-407467353782&psc=1

There u goā€¦ Start your journey here buddy!!!

Whip it all I used for years, whip it premium

2 Likes

Nah haha so i used a stainless steal tube, blast into a jar put it in a cooler with dry ice and ISO for about two hours then instantly took off lid rubber banded a coffee filter to the top and flipped upside down and let drain into another jar that was my diy dewax. I realized I didnā€™t leave it in cyro near long enough and I need a BĆ¼chner funnel so I can hook my pump up to it to pull the solution through faster.

Iā€™m super interested in how your doing it from start to finish Iā€™m just getting tiny baby crystals. So if your not cold crashing your just blasting straight into jar and then at what point are you capping?

But the coffee filter def still caught some left over waxes

1 Like

Any ideas on how to dewax without a closed loop using just butane?

If u pull on that w vac thatā€™s bad ideaā€¦go boom!!!

No need to do what your doingā€¦ Stick loaded column on dry ice, wait hrā€¦ Do same w cans solvent but only 30minā€¦ Blast that fast, itā€™ll leave behind as much as wax as possible

Thatā€™s your only way dewaxingā€¦ That should help u way way way more than doing that dangerous buchner w butane ā€¦

trust me buddy drop the coffee filter afterwards just blast cold and fast I did this for years!!!

4 Likes

x2, I do it this way also and it comes out great with barely any waxes. I typically donā€™t even use DI or cold crash and it still comes out fire and I get decent sized diamonds on small runs. (~.5in diameter)

1 Like

Yes blast fast and coldā€¦for what u have this it!

We been were u are many years ago!

Freeze with dry ice ā€¦ Blast fast, be carful running to much tane bc uā€™ll start to thaw the frozen column!

A dewax material column only allows us to freeze them entire material then run -30f solvent over it! You freeze your column on dry ice to keep moisture out, lay towel down and set in there!

Blasted like this for years homie

Only way to do true dewax otherwise is a second solvent winterizationā€¦ And a coffee filter wonā€™t get the wax outā€¦need filter paper and ethanol!

1 Like

just wondering why do you think the Buchner would go boom

Buchner funnel needs to vac assisted to pull through filter paperā€¦ Letā€™s say you used a water aspirated vacuum, so the fumes wouldnā€™t matter, no boom! What youā€™re going to run into then is the boiling point of butane with the ambient temperature of the room , itā€™s just never been good idea by the pros but ppl have been known to doā€¦

Maybe one the pros can ring in on why w what u have blasting fast and cold is bestā€¦and why buchner funnel butane bad ideaā€¦ Just trying to help you brother, thatā€™s all the ppl do around here, not pick apart, BUT HELP!!!

Just your trying to filter something you can freeze and leave behind, never take in the first placeā€¦

good luck regardless

2 Likes

Hereā€™s how ya do it. But you should use a large volume of solvent and or save the ā€œfatsā€ for crude oil bc they can be 50%thc

But can we agree that on dry ice, if he blast cold and fast the naked eye will have hard time tellingā€¦ For what he has he can get really good diamonds with pretty damn good terpenesā€¦ And the 2nd step may not really be needed it he doesnā€™t run to much taneā€¦sounds like he doing smaller runs not tons like some yā€™allā€¦that matters!

Iā€™d be more concerned about using the undistilled solventā€¦I did like this for years though!

1 Like

Ya itā€™s seeming to obviously make way more sense to just freeze my material and tube Forsure. Especially since both will requirement to get dry ice anyway why add the extra step with the Buchner. That being said Iā€™m still interested in how itā€™s any different or more likely to go expose or whatever than pulling a vac on your oven or chamber which also has butane in it

1 Like

Appreciating all your feedback to brother means a lot :fist_right:

1 Like

Also any idea why this jar is a black color when I ran the same material as all my other runs just into a bigger jar and more starting material when all the other jars were more of a yellow orange color

And since itā€™s not one third full would it be ok to run more into it and redo the cold crash and pretty much restart?

Usually ppl donā€™t put things in there vac oven saturated to death w tane or open taneā€¦ usually just residualā€¦and most the guys doing this are using sealed jars inside there APPROVED Vac oven designed for fuemsā€¦ Iā€™m pretty sure at leastā€¦ i Iā€™m not sure if all are rated the same

When itā€™s open jars solvent Im not sure

Hope Iā€™m wrong about oven bc only reason I havenā€™t gotten one yet!

@Soxhlet

Whatā€™s ur take on this ā€¦I respect it more than mostā€¦tell me Iā€™m wrong Iā€™ll zip it like always master Jedi!

Is it safe to put raw tane in ur standard vac oven and sepearate question, why is buchner funnel butane a bad ideaā€¦whatā€™s the science behind it?

And @Terpsovereverything just looking out! Thatā€™s what we do here!!!

1 Like