Oklahoma Market 2021. What are y’all doing for sales?

Seems to be solid demand at the 6+ range surprisingly

1 Like

email me @ payton.isbell@thcreationsllc.com. We have the licensed distillate ready to sell.

Not at all. I started my own nursery

Does anyone have clones available around okc

I had a great time in OKC. Those shelves are really crowded. I had the opportunity to hang out with Take a Trip Extracts in their lab. If you ever want to have your material processed, they’d do a good job.

@moveweight is right, you need to smile and dial. I wonder what @COVID-69 has to say about distinguishing yourself in a crowded market?

4 Likes

Sounds like a very competitive market. Capital-intensive, low margins.

This is where truly differentiated products are key. Some great commentary on this in Peter Thiel’s book Zero to One, and in Seth Godin’s blogs / podcasts / books.

Even when you have thick competition like this, they often all follow each other. Most react to the market rather than lead. Where can you lead? Avoid following everyone else— try to be on the tails of the normalization curve where you’ll either be really right or really wrong.

SWOT analysis can help you identify gaps if you want to play the ‘carve out a nice but small slice of a big pie’ game, which is what Oklahoma sounds like to me.

Targeting under-served demos works in crowded but very large markets. But again, a truly unique, differentiated product is better. I would say add ‘hard-to-replicate’ but that’s tough in a commodity business.

11 Likes

SWOT:
Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities
Threats

8 Likes

I’d argue in ok your fighting for a small slice of a small pie (,unless your backdooring to the rest of the country)

2 Likes

Oklahoma is a hard market, as someone finding his footing here, I have seen amazing farms struggle, and piss poor make it. My suggestion is to reach out, to as many as you possibly can. Consider this, there is 4 or so million here, it’s a market basically the size of a small city, spread out, it makes logistics difficult, it makes breaking into new areas tough, just in general, this place is hard. This whole state is 1/5 LA city has population wise. It’s tough. As a rule of marketing, the answer is “yes” do all things. Also, as advice from a local southerner, don’t mention you’re from Cali as the old saying goes, “We don’t take to kindly to that talk 'round here.” :rofl:

8 Likes

Brand recognition is the biggest factor in Oklahoma, the state was top five in sales last year with almost a billion and 50% of that went to the top 10 brands

11 Likes

Where are you getting these numbers @TheWillBilly. Id love to look at some.

3 Likes

Mjbizcon

5 Likes

Thank you sir!

3 Likes

I might start a grow in OK soon. What are the current prices for a pound of good indoor over there?

I own a small dispensary in Southern OK and we see top shelf at $1800-$2000 a lb.

2 Likes

Link?

1 Like

OK is going to be an interesting state, my partners and I are dropping a Deutsche process extraction skid there, will be there all September building out the facility.

1k lbs an hour continously, told em it was too big but we got it for pennies on the dollar from a failed hemp lab so fuck it full send.

All in all it’s going to super saturate real quick, I know of a few other hemp labs that moved their big boy gear there aswell.

9 Likes

Yeah the price is about a third of what it was this time last year, you finally got some big boys taking up more of the oversupplied boof which is great too. aurum solutuions has been crushing through biomass they ran like 50k lb their first month or 2.

1 Like

I’ve been here for half a year, and everybody I talk to is “go bigger, charge less to full send). I should have opened a store front for gardens and supplies. Them ppl are the ones getting rich asf.

I’m with Genesis Oklahoma. We are in over 600 dispensaries and I’m glad I came in when I did. There is completely NO premium product here. I’ve been to many dispensaries and nowhere near the quality of what I was getting in Sacramento.

That’s why I told the investors, “screw outside, we’re going indoors. And we’re only putting out premium top shelf at the same price I was paying in Sac.” Cookies out here is failing for charging mids at $65 an eighth. While my mind is set on something similar to Grape Jelly Donuts at $42 an eighth.

17 Likes

Agreed man the answer isn’t quantity it’s quality and consistency

9 Likes