Oklahoma Market 2021. What are y’all doing for sales?

Hey y’all, just hoping to start a conversation about the Oklahoma market for 2021. As I’m sure a lot of you already know, Oklahoma is seeing a huge influx in new growers, extractors, and start ups. Mainly due to the relatively easy to obtain licenses, and less strict regulations a lot of other states like California are dealing with.

Like a lot of people, we left California for a new start in Oklahoma. Here we could actually afford a license and our own land. We’re less then a year in right now. Things have been great. Got our license, got the water working, pulled off a nice crop, passed our testing, got all our COAs and manifests ready. The only thing slowing us down really is sales. We’re just not connected here as we are in our home states. We’ve been selling enough to get by, but most dispensaries near us only want to buy a few quarter pounds as a time. We’re just not finding big buyers like we used to be able to in Humboldt. We’re trying to meet people in Tulsa and OKC. It just been labor intensive to drive around to different dispensaries like traveling sales people.
I’ve been thinking about signing up for this Leaf Link software, but not sure it’s worth it. Anyone ever tried it?

Anyway that’s it. Been on the forum for years. Love the community. Would love to make some new connections and friends out near the Tulsa area. Looking forward to any advice or observations y’all have about Oklahoma and the current market out here.

12 Likes

Howdy. Tho I’m not in the Oklahoma market I can relate to building a business in a state outside of where you grew up or had roots. There is likely lists of other licensees that you can use to make introductory emails and calls and find ways you can network together. It’s not a get rich quick play but with tenacity and proper execution you can work with a wonderful plant and make a decent living.

In California we can’t use leaf link unless you have a distributor license. We don’t have that license yet (hurry up please BCC) and therefor can’t use the service but friends in Colorado used it years ago and it was of tremendous value to them.

5 Likes

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1h3GLELVLeuX9UaEV_OrRvBqi6ynYnEYq

Start emailing and dialing. Friday is often a busy day.

This should be of some service and was shared here some time ago.

I’d hit up Apothecary Extracts and figure out what it’s gonna take to do business. I’d also hit up @Boomtownpharms @TheFire210 @CBDOKIE @LoudMedicine and many others in the Oklahoma market on the forums for opportunities to work with one another.

I also represent a potential Tulsa Vertical license group about to get going.

9 Likes

Thanks, that’s good info. I’ll definitely consider trying out leaf link. Ya, honestly it hasn’t been easy but neither was stuff in Cali always. I’m happy to be out on our own land now, instead of share cropping for Humboldt old timers. Oklahomans have actually been really welcoming, at least to us. We just haven’t found dispensaries with a budget for buying more then a few packs at a time. Most are mom and pop operations out by us.

It’s frustrating to have really nice weed from Imported clones, clean testing, COAs the whole works, then not be able to sell it. I’m sure it’s only going to get crazier with all the greenhouses we see and hear about going up. I guess the same goes for the whole industry tho.

It definitely is not like it was and I suspect it never will be again. So I’ve sort of accepted a pay cut, and more of blue collar life. Right now I’d be grateful just to continue to pay my bills. So I keep the mud on my boots, get up early, and just try to keep my head down and eyes on the prize. Grow weed. Take care of family. Let the puppy out to run.

7 Likes

Extraction market is always hungry.

4 Likes

Cool. Thanks for tagging some other locals. I’ve seen that list on the OMMA website, of all licenses in the state. Just still following up on other leads before we go the cold calling route. I’d love to meet more locals. It’s just been hard, especially with Covid still going on.

What have you been hearing about the market in Tulsa? My friend from Humboldt is about to open up a giant garden store, and things seem like they’re booming for weed. I’m just an hour out of town, so I only make it in there like once a week to run errands. Seems like I need to start spending more time there tho.

I’d definitely love to work with some extractors. I spent about a year managing a lab in Sacramento. So I’ve got good ways to prepare biomass. Plenty of power for fresh frozen freezers, and my stuff is always organic, not sprayed with sulfur, from clean clones ect. Honestly I’ve just been too busy growing and trying to sell flower to really put in much effort getting rid of biomass. I’d love to find partners fo do splits with tho. Or some other kind of win win. I’d even consider growing clone varieties specifically for extractors. Just need more connections locally.

1 Like

We run a humble grow and processing facility in Sulphur/Davis Oklahoma. Would love to help answer any questions. We’re well established here. Let me know what I can do for you,

Hope all is well, -SM

6 Likes

9 Likes

I DM’d you, Check us out at Sooner Glue we’d love to work with you!

9 Likes

YOU SHOULD BE DOING THAT EVERY DAY EVEN SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. THE LORD SUCKS AND IF YOUR FAMILY UNDERSTANDS THEY’LL MAKE YOU BREAKFAST

As soon as they hear my coffee pot fire up and hear this song going THEY KNOW WHAT’S UP, THE BACON IS COOKED SHORTLY AFTER

5 Likes

@MedSchoolDrop22 is totally good people! I was talking with him about hitting OK, and he’s been an amazing person to communicate with. I wish him, and his family good luck this year on their crop!

3 Likes

Damn skippy playa

3 Likes

You are a kind soul brother.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you sir,

2 Likes

Maybe I’m out of the cultivation loop… but what are those lights youre flowering with? Fluorescents?!

1 Like

Fluence :))

1 Like

Them the 2i or 2p version of the spydr?

2i older spydr

They run hot, the ballasts that is. Only issue I’ve had is keeping them bitches cool

1 Like