Oklahoma Fresh Air Intake Requirement For Extraction Rooms

I know that.

These sites were in the desert, near palm springs.

Go ahead and try a wet wall/evaporative setup, and get back to me on how it feels in action :joy::+1::sob:

We already did that. We use an engineering company to plan out anything we do in the facility before we do it. Our third party has been on FD case for this whole year and still no yes or no until last week. They are inept.

1 Like

Denver especially, but Colorado req are clown shoes.

2 Likes

And yep, that’s gotta be him. I’ve heard people bitching about him enough that I recognize that name

Why can’t you buffer the temperature of make up air with the air that you’re exhausting from your booth?

1 Like

Good news is this should stem the tide on climate change.

2 Likes

Fuck it

Don’t tell me you actually had a serious response to that…

Lol this was actually one of the reasons my 24 hour SOP was so valuable to start with, one of if not the only approved procedure for making diamonds in Denver

1 Like

Are you louching though

Yes sir! If we were in any city limits other than Denver we could hook up just about any equipment and run it tomorrow. I been telling my company to get out of Denver but no one wants to cough up the cash to do so of course. GG.

1 Like

Do they require you to run passive (I won’t argue with this), or what?

I dealt with the same with city of medford oregon. Battery backup for lighting and illuminated exit signing will suffice. Captiveaire sells a make upair unit that will keep a constant temp year round although yes expensive and costly to run. Most of what they are requiring is national fire code. Contact 3p certz if you are going to buildout locally, They knew a hell of a lot more than my waste of money local architect. They designed it all and i built to design and their 3rd party engineer stamp for rhe design of the facility got me rubber stamps from building safety and fire. Fire rated walls and explosion proof electrical as well as LELs that can shut off extraction equipment in most cases when Allowed levels of solvent vapor are exceeded is code as well. If they are going this route think about building to High hazard occupancy rated c1d1 because its only one more layer of drywall mostly. And theres a reason why the conditioned outside air should be the source of i take air. A tour of labs theoughout the country would show you how lazy our industry is about storing too much solvent in lung rooms, hallways and control areas. Also keep in mind firefree88 can be sprayed on most of the extraction booths to provide fire rating👍 Dont fight it people, if you dont have the money to do it the right and safe way dont do it, especially if you care about your operators.

4 Likes

In many jurisdictions, fire rated spray foam has to be professionally applied with a signed affidavit from the installer to be accepted for fire rating.

Just FYI to anyone thinking of going this route, YMMV

2 Likes

meh, my SOP was approved as soon as they started issuing their emailed certificates. lol.

1 Like

Yeah, we are pretty humid here. I could see that for dryer climates maybe? This morning we are sunny and 84% humidity. EEKK

Absolutely going above and beyond is best way to go. Great advice for those needing to up their facilities or starting out. I have heard great things about 3P Certz and worked with some clients that used them. They were very happy with their experience. I get calls all the time asking how to do things less expensive and sometimes there are options but it should always be in ones budget to allow for changes in compliance and more things to be added in the future.

2 Likes

You can’t recirculate air within a C1D1 room. So if the air being exhausted has solvent you want it exhausted out into the atmosphere, not drawn back into the space. To elaborate more, if you have your exhaust duct coming out your roof, standard rules are any other duct (in this case intake air) would have to be at least 10’ apart.

3 Likes

You could utilize some sort of heat exchanger so the actual air doesn’t mix, but you’ll have process loss and it won’t be very efficient…

3 Likes

I like the thought but air is actually a really terrible heat transfer medium. This is the principle behind how insulation works. It’s literally putting layers of air between the inside and outside of a building to prevent loss/gain of heat.

You’re spot on when you say

1 Like