Off-topic: I got published! Glucosamine bioconjugates of NSAIDs

Not very many scientists who might appreciate this in my life since I’ve transitioned to cannabis/hemp so I’d figure id share it here. The paper will likely release in full later this month and you can use the DOI to check it out. The cool thing is since cannabinoid acids have similar chemistry, it has experimental potential to include CBD - another anti-inflammatory drug. The not-so-cool thing is the harsh chemistry involved in production which I would never, ever suggest anyone to do with out proper supervision and laboratory infrastructure. Either way, Im happy and published on the sugar drugs I made in uni. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

49 Likes

Hell Yeah!!! Congratulations!

4 Likes

That’s very impressive!

4 Likes

Gly-cos-yl-ation makes the medicine dissolve, in an aqueous environ. An aqueous environ.

8 Likes

Wow amazing job congratulations :tada:

2 Likes

Very cool! Congrats!

2 Likes

ayyyyy shout out :partying_face:
welcome to the clubbb :surfing_man:t4:
except your paper sounds way doper

2 Likes

I was working on something similar, cardiolipin bound doxorubicin nano particles which could potentially be less cardio toxic. Congratulations on the publication!

3 Likes

Congrats, man!

That’s some exciting shit! :facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

Amazing job! It’s a huge accomplishment to publish a paper, you and your team should be really proud of the work you all did. Congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you everyone, I did try to talk to people in person about it and as expected they don’t really care or understand. It’s really pleasant to have a community to share it with.

The paper was rejected a few times over five years in two different journals. I’ve been in a poor mood lately and the submission acceptance combined with y’all has really lifted me up
Thanks again.

9 Likes

I think most of the people here understand how much blood, sweat, and tears go into research, and how much work is needed to ensure that you performed your experiment successfully and were able to account for all of the possible variables. Even an experiment that failed is still partially successful if you can understand why it failed, because the sharing of information contributes to the overall scientific landscape, and improves everyone who is in the space.

Personally, I have a pretty smooth brain so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to completely wrap my head around what you’re outlining in the paper, but I really appreciate that you guys put forth the time and effort to run this experiment, and somebody with more wrinkles than me will be able to use this information for a greater purpose. We all stand on the shoulders of giants.

4 Likes

Congrats :clap:! :clap:

1 Like

I worked with a guy who did research On vitamin B 12 conjugation and he mixed a liver drug with B12 and the liver medicine was 100 times more potent. The B12 helps pull compounds into the bloodstream

2 Likes