October MoM is @pupparoo

I’ll second that. David B for MoM.

5 Likes

david b is some honorary character but mom is beneath giving your life for what you love.

3 Likes

I retract myself from the running. Vote david.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure we’ve come up with something for those we respect, and have passed on… But I don’t know I guess

3 Likes

Immortal mentor?

2 Likes

Beaker award?

2 Likes

I thought that was the yearly “MOM” kinda thing…

David should get his own custom permanent badge like @Beaker imo. He’s an immortal something or other - should be unique to him.

However small a gesture it may be…

3 Likes

I don’t know he’s above MoM, but under that then. I don’t know. A member of the month award isn’t the same as honoring a respected friend. So I don’t know, you all figure out out

2 Likes

I also second(probably the 10th) David as MoM

Give him immortal mentor

3 Likes

In honor of David B I believe we should make him this month’s MoM, roll his name back to DavidB, and apply the immortal mentor badge to his account.

9 Likes

Maybe with every member of the month we should have a remember of the month. Nothing makes you more humble like the past. While we celebrate the present lets celebrate the past to keep the universe at a good equal balance.

3 Likes

Was he a member here? Dont recall ever seeing him post anything or hearing his name other than the whatever thing in nevada. Not belittling his chemistry abilities, never met the man, but to be member of the month wouldn’t you have to be an active member, thought that was the whole point

1 Like

He changed his name to @Ruwan after the nevada shit. He posted fairly often in the earlier days.

3 Likes

I stand corrected then.

2 Likes

I always remembered his Gangster avatar with the slick name David B. They just worked together.

2 Likes

“Legacy of the future “ award or something for Davidb ?

I agree with above post that MoM isn’t quite fitting, unless in tandem with another award. Idk.

2 Likes

maybe a dave b award for the most inovative or inspiring lab tech?

1 Like

Yes, the old school classy gangsta! David is one of the reasons I fell in love with this community. I never met him, but he has been a positive influence in my life nonetheless. Let’s get his name changed back so his light may continue to shine on.

4 Likes

I agree he needs his original name back. The starting days to this forum were amazing except for all the brokers, that got annoying. There was a specific group of posters that leveled up together including him and it was so great and fast paced I could never keep up. I was sad when I saw most of them post less and less.

4 Likes

We should hold a memorial once a year or so for him.

Like I said, I may not have known him but he clearly made an impact on the community. He needs to be remembered.

As I also read here, I heard he ran into the fire to save more people. Idk who raised him to be that caring but wow. Not many nowadays would go back into a lab explosion to save people and with that thought of “will i make it?” you are a true mad lad David. In a good way too, mad lad is the highest of titles. You will be missed, never forgotten.

All I have to say about David B is wow. Just wow. I wish I could have spoken to him or had a general conversation with him.

1 Like