Nut question

Ordered new stainless supposedly asme nuts… Not sure if they are smaller because the stainless is stronger or if I got the wrong ones

Make sure to get anti seize or you’re gunna have to angle grind them off :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

aaand make sure you dont get anti seize into your extract lol

order silicone brass nuts

7 Likes

You read the discussions we’ve had on this subject in the past? (Search results for 'brass nuts' - Future4200)

Or just decided you knew what was up and ran with it?

The gall of some people…

Has anyone had success using cannabinoid based thread sealant (hash) as an anti-galling lube & thread locker?!?

9 Likes

Brass also shows wear.

Brass nuts are specified in this application for a host of saftey reasons and are a consumable- don’t switch shit up you might die

4 Likes

Blowing a nut in this application would bring new definition to the term post nut clarity.

3 Likes

See: The Death of Horatio

4 Likes
2 Likes

This look right?

Those do look like a legitimate source for silicon bronze nuts. Without the green tax.

Are the the right solution?

I’m not convinced.
nor do I have a better solution.

I’ve used ASME style clamps, and have had nuts gall in very inconvenient locations.

We are using closures that were originally designed for the dairy then brewing industries. IMO @SidViscous is correct, and we should come up with a more appropriate closure.

Unfortunately the biologists approach of “guess and iterate” (mutate & cross fingers) isn’t applicable here (least I’m not willing to apply it).

Then there is convincing AHJ’s…

Using an extant closure system would have major advantages (which is how we landed here).

2 Likes

Rip Horatio

2 Likes

There’s the damn shipping but we all know it’s most likely gonna be a bulk purchase so the shipping is worth it.

Still the cheapest I’ve found online.

2 Likes

Says brass.

Also claims “good for long time using”

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes