No doubt another Hemp bust

No doubt this will turn out to be another bust that turns out to be hemp.

“When investigators tested samples from the Royal Cigar & Tobacco shop and Endangered Botanicals, both located on 1500 Roswell Road and owned by the same person, they say they discovered that the samples were THC, not HEMP as the shop was claiming.”

Why isnt anyone giving an education to these dingbats?

1 Like

Watch the thc content be 0.4% “Marijuana”

4 Likes

Dat dirty south

1 Like

Some more raiding

https://hempiredirect.com/police-raid-cbd-shops-across-the-country-this-holiday-season/?fbclid=IwAR3BxZjUwpiwdKC2rJztFJMy130oPTkQ1kFhIV7KAfnnVuVBLsN0c_kYpT0

When I was in South Carolina ally of shops were still selling lifter flower wth hot total thc values… they didn’t even know about the changes when I mentioned it to them

2 Likes

Education and sharing of information is key

1 Like

This is the beginning for the FDA intervention.

How it always starts. They ignore the market, send a few letters here and there - notice the increasing notices - and very soon. Someone’s an example.

It will change overnight.

2 Likes

@Kingofthekush420 this is what I’m referring to as being legal but still being a risk

7 Likes

Are you implying that CBD sales will come to a screeching halt? If that’s the case , it would destroy the hemp business.

Most probably yes a lot is about to happen and I think that only unity of all
Cbd growers handlers extraction facility s etc etc can make a fist at this
Get a singel petition signed already by consumers get everyone to unite
For only a big public cry out can make a diffrance

5 Likes

I’m not sure.

As much as I want a crystal ball and not to be a mere human.

What I can tell you is it’s a shit show and I believe the FDA has said they need three years to assay their situation.

CBD is an active ingredient in a drug product that has been approved under section 505 of the FD&C Act [21 U.S.C. § 355], or has been authorized for investigation as a new drug for which substantial clinical investigations have been instituted and for which the existence of such investigations has been made public, then products containing that substance are excluded from the definition of a dietary supplement.

This means any product containing CBD is illegal by law of FDA. Nothing consumable. The UK has done the same thing and the NHS listed cbd as a “novel food & drug” meaning it needs 18 months of research trails.

Sure we can still sell the product now, however, it may be legal by a hemp bill but the FDA Is our new enemy. Minus the getting locked up part. I’d rather deal with the DEA.

I see three pathways for legality and a open market.

1. FDA says it must go through trials. This is the worst one because 99% of this forum is out and the industry will crash and become soulless.

2. We can try and fight for a loophole and say because “it’s a naturally occurring substance we can use it” . This is a viable option. This will Seperation our extracts from pharmacology.

3. Totally open market. Not likely.

I personally will go with #2. Pharma gets what they want and we get what we want. Win/win. Spurs economic growth and jobs around the country and booms a multitude of industry.

The problem is that how the law is written now…the fda is in a bind and has to to look at both sides.

So do I think we are in the beginning of the end? Depends.

6 Likes

The FDA isn’t even following their own rules.

They are going to have to bend. They didn’t make a policy statement, they just kicked the can down the road. They made an unfounded statement to scare the industry, but did NOTHING of substance.

I don’t think this will end up killing hemp. If Congress wanted CBD for pharma only they could have just done that directly. Instead they passed the farm bill with the intention to grow boost US agriculture by getting tons of farmers to grow hemp and they know most of this would go to CBD products. The same financial interests that got the farm bill passed will get this hashed out.

3 Likes

You must understand the politics of the FDA.

1 Like

A little, but mainly the section you quoted in your last post. Any, and I mean any other FDA approved prescription drug in products all over the country and there would be unending seizures, assett forfeitures, and massive law enforcement action.

I know a little about how they work, but the fact that they have ignored their own policy for 18 months now says something.

I think the more important fact is the FDA section you quoted directly conflicts with the Farm Bill and the FDA doesn’t know what to do. Congress is supposed to make the laws not the FDA.

I don’t know the answer. However the FDA only recently made a nebulous statement. They have not made any progress on what their eventual policy will be. The tweets from one of the FDA commissioners in the article I linked says as much. I’m just not close to the doom and gloom side yet.

The non response by the FDA for 18 months gives me hope.

They charged him with possession of a firearm in a city that legally requires every household to possess a firearm and ammunition. Nice one, Georgia. . .

3 Likes

Wow, nice catch! That’s crazy!

1 Like

I grew up off Roswell Rd lol

2 Likes

I am in meetings. I will get back to your

What?!