Newcomer closed loop BHO

Hello, I’m looking to run a small closed loop system for personal use. I’m confused on when and how to pressurize the unit. Thanks for any advice.

As a general rule of thumb pressure is needed if you have to push something along, vacuum is needed when you need to pull something. Depending on how you’re using the CLS, your application of pressure could be different than others. What are your plans for running it? Do you currently have the system or are you still figuring that out too?

6 Likes

I would try to get some lab time as a helper to start. Safety first for me.

Just post some pictures and we will get u all settled. Welcome to the forum!

8 Likes

basic operation: pack system, vac system, open solvent liquid line, apply pressure to material column, apply heat to collection pot, chill solvent tank for recovery

a picture of your system would help

2 Likes

I currently have the system, was given a 10lb container that can be filled with butane, it is currently half full. Wasnt sure if you’re supposed to use the pump on it especially with stuff in it

You pull a vaccumn on your system once its all hooked up with the tank closed. The vacumn will pull the tane right into your column, your butane should be chilled or cold.

Well never seen a see through collection pot before lol, you probably only need a pound or 2 max of solvent to run that small of tube. Does it have a blast valve/shutoff valve on the bottom of the column or just on the top?

That collection with the side view is super scary. Especially cause I bet it’s polycarbonate.

I would suggest replacing at least the 6” hinged clamp, all would be safer.

2 Likes

Would almost be better off just can feeding that with 3-5 cans of tane.

2 Likes

Like @FrozenCaveMan stated. You only need about a 1lb of gas for that column. Looks like a 1.5”x12 or 18”.

Disconnect the top hose, pack it up, connect vacum up to top, vacummn it down till pump sounds more high pitched to signal all air is gone, close top valve then turn off pump and disconnect, put a can into the top, might have to use an adapter piece that comes with each can, and open valve to pull in the tane, when empty close valve before you pull can away, then repeat til full. Assuming there is a bottom blast valve

1 Like

This is exactly why I think open blasting can be safer than using a questionable closed loop

1 Like

Sorry guys, the air pump adapter is a click style peyton but the piece on the system is a screw on so I’ve got to find a adapter piece over at HD

Should help.

9 Likes

@Killa12345 sells quality parts. You should ask him for a new collection pot with a hemispherical lid.

Emeraldgoldextractors.com/ has nice collection pots and XtractorDepot.com has a lid w/sight glasses for moderately cheap though the one I got from @Killa12345 Imo was a smarter move.

6 Likes

I’ll second that, He gives great service, great product, great prices. Plus to top if off you’re supporting someone who has been in the trenches with us for years vs some newcomer to the industry.

2 Likes

Not great follow thru. Tried to buy a setup but was never contacted to make the purchase

there is a phone number on my site. im on the east coast and try to be in bed by 10pm not answering questions at 12. Sorry we couldnt do business together. good luck and if you need any help on purchasing equipment. i still help members regardless if they buy from me or not

Just hired @qma close friend to help me do some work so i dont miss these opportunities. But i gotta help the current customer list before i take on new work. Sorry once again @mrtyler

1 Like