Newbie Equipment Question

I’m in southern OK

1 Like

Lots of folks from OK here. I’ll bet we could get you a demo.

That would be awesome if that was the case. Even better if I could find someone willing to process it for me so I didn’t need to purchase equipment in the first place. Bonus points if I can learn from it too.

1 Like

I’m going to be blunt. Unless you have atleast 5 lbs of indoor nug to run nobody is going to run that for you on a split. Just not worth it. Even 5 lbs is low tbh

Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see any mention of ventilation, and the actual planned location to setup this equipment, as the location and ventilation are extremely important, between c02 and butane vapors.

Setting up near a hot water heater with a pilot light would be no Bueno for instance.

Ventilation, and setup location
those two become some of the most important factors to look at to prevent asphyxiation or ignition.

6 Likes

Thank you for elaborating on what a well ventilated area is.

Also even if you run outdoors, you gotta be aware of ground based central air systems near by, people grilling, vapors pooling before if a liquid leak happens, vapors or liquid shooting out under pressure and it hitting an ignition source.

Still should be aware of the vapors coming off the slurries too.

2 Likes

Are you looking to learn to extract or are you looking to have extracts from your plant. I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before, but you are a perfect toll processing customer. You just pay someone to run your product. To return on investment on your equipment will be slow with your volumes, there is a learning curve and skill so you can’t expect your first products to be great, and it is high risk. You’ll also probably want to have the ability to CRC with aged trim.

It’s just a different option you might not have thought about…

3 Likes

Last word is the key point. :call_me_hand:t4:. Which is why I chimed in.

3 Likes

I recall wandering over to another licensed facility in Eugene once upon a time (early med) to check out a buddies new gig.

“Well ventilated” equaled a roll up door.

…then I heard a mig welder running less than 20ft away.

Turns out that’s what the neighbor did for a living. Yeah no. Not a safe place to play. This is dumb. I’m out.

9 Likes

Oregon like a different country with how they do shit sometimes lol

2 Likes

Oh, I have 25lbs of material saved up at this point. And obviously I don’t expect someone to run it for free, that would be moronic. It was just an idea if there were members here that were local to me. That way I could both learn first hand from a mentor, and save some money on equipment for the immediate future.

3 Likes

I have thought about it, it’s what I’d honestly prefer to begin with. The issue Ive run into is that I haven’t found anyone local interested in helping. OK has a processor list that’s broken down by city and county, I went down the list asking for that service and I was turned down each time. (Not the whole state, just local cities).

It’s legal for them to run patient processing here, but everyone id spoken with was uninterested for one reason or another. Backed up, didn’t do patients, wasn’t interested, wanted $2500 to run it. Etc.

That’s the whole reason I started looking into equipment myself. My thought process was, “well, why should I rely on anyone else if they obviously aren’t interested, when I can just buy the equipment and learn myself”. That’s what brought me here.

3 Likes

Honestly, at one point when I was considering doing tolling for someone I was coming up with my terms and I wanted 1$ per gram of cannabis extracted which in a lb would’ve meant that it would’ve cost my potential client nearly 500$.

I to this day am only running trim and sometimes nug runs for personal use and I don’t make money off of the hobby but 4lbs of biomass turned into fire concentrates w/testing included at 2500$ is most likely what I would’ve charged and I’m not licensed just a hobbyist…

… Just throwing that out there. I don’t know if that’s a fair tolling price but it seems not that bad.

Edited didn’t read it said 2500$ for the whole 25lbs to be processed I thought it was just the 4 lbs that op was saying he was gonna process every so often but damn now reading my post I would’ve been charging WAY too much.

2 Likes

How old? That’s also a factor in the processors decision

2500 to run 25lbs isn’t worth it
Especially with the prices the way they are now

2 Likes

Just learn and do a few 1 lb runs and get good at the crc. If it’s your own material and you’re not gonna be in debt using material to learn from I say buy a unit!!!

And if you do get a system. Just skip a crc all together imo. If you grow dank you don’t need it. Crc tastes like ass anyway

That’s opinionated.

5 Likes

I dont think its fair to say CRC tastes like ass. More fair to say people lean on CRC more with ass product.

4 Likes

Some CRC tastes like ass. But, CRC can improve a product as well. There’s lots of CRC on the market that people don’t realize is CRC. The best concentrates are made with the best biomass, but CRC is a valid process that can yield excellent results. Every chef wants to work with wagyu beef all day, but even Michelin chefs flip their fair share of burgers…

5 Likes

Not really.

Most crc all has a similar taste after you crc it. Can be garbage or top shelf. All crc share a similar flavor

If you have dank indoor top shelf you’re not doing yourself a favor by running it through a crc and that’s a fact.

1 Like