Newbie Equipment Question

No problem I love to help new ppl

3 Likes

Strike that last comment of nitrogen isn’t needed.

nitrogen is needed to get through submicron filtration.

1 Like

Or to pressurize a subzero solvent tank

1 Like

No dewax cls run demo, not me : Full RUN passive closed loop - YouTube

Nitrogen demo : again not me

Back to my question though.

Going off that link above to stainless steel parts. If I get that, + the vacuum oven and pump + nitrogen assistance, the only things I’ll actually need are N-Butane, nitrogen, filters and dry ice? Is that correct??

There’s always something else

All the little shit really adds up like valves, fittings and hoses etc

2 Likes

Hfs for hoses and fittings. Cheapest place out there rn.

Bvv has boss sales sometimes too.

Also sealant tape is another consumable.

But I got all my hoses from Hfs. All my ptfe gaskets from an obscure China seller off ebay, got a few stainless parts from dernord a China name but sells 1000psi wog parts.

My quick connects and disconnects for my jackets are all from Aliexpress.

What you want to always be sure of though, is that you pressure test, vacuum test and sterilize your parts. Especially new parts!

2 Likes

I did too(hoses)…best price by far!

1 Like

Idk where I said that. I made a huge post saying he does need it

You didn’t I did before I edited my post

1 Like

Oh hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

And after you get all the gear feel free to ask me questions directly. You can also post another thread I know there’s some people like me that don’t mind walking you through it all.

I’m not going to convince you to get a closed loop and then not help you learn how to run it so don’t trip

2 Likes

Would it be okay if I messaged you now? If I need hoses and what not, I’d like some help if possible. I thought that kit would have absolutely everything I needed to get up and running other than the gas, filter, and ice.

1 Like

Sure. That kit should have everything you need. Shoot me a dm

What solvents are the problem and how should one minimize exposure?

based on a quick dig into the current OK rules, you are explicitly prohibited from playing this trick IN residential property.

(which seems like a slip…)

(k) No licensee shall operate or otherwise use any extraction equipment or processes utilizing butane, propane, carbon dioxide or any potentially hazardous material in residential property.
https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/en/omma/content/rules/Permanent%20Rules%209.11.2022.pdf

you might could argue you were OUT, and they should have written ON if they damn well meant that, but I’m not sure that will get you out of the potential $5k fine…

being informed is a big part of safe pipe bomb operation.

if you can rent a space in a commercial part of town, can a patient blow their own? How about at the state park?

depending on the exact language around extraction and commercial licenses, it might be…but I believe the intent was to make those things only available to specific licensees who jumped through the hoops and made themselves look like they had a clue. how hard the state actually looks will change over time. and has.

id offer some hands on in OR, but we don’t actually do much hands on except It puts the Cannabis in the tube, & then it walks away again …and you need a license to touch the weed here.

If you need any help figuring out where you’re going with this, feel free to hit me in the DM’s. I started as a patient, and got my card only after the judge berated the PhD for claiming medical and not holding a card. He was right. I knew the rules.

Once I had a card, I could grow, and trade with other patients. I was extracting for myself, then others, then teaching it.

while I understand the attraction of BHO, you can do some great things with ethanol. the concepts are the same. learning via the safer route while trying to find a position locally where you can get hands on experience would be my approach.

be safe!

3 Likes

Just for shits and giggles, if I wanted to run distillate with ethanol, what would I need and what would it run?

You’d need bare minimum ethanol and a bucket
And a short path. Ideally a roto vap also.

Level up would be a panda washer machine instead of a bucket.

Shortpath setups range depending on where you get it. You’d probably want a 2L. The roto vap is like 600 from China for a re-501.

Disty is dead and I do not suggest doing this

Bho over any etoh extract. Ethanol steals terps too

2 Likes

The amount of stuff I do for those two…

@Slabby is not wrong…AND you can make dabbale EHO’s. Especially if it’s just for you and yours and getting your feet wet.

You can also get to thca isolate, ‘cause distillate IS dead.
you can also pull the terps before Ethanol extraction

The easy way is under NDA. The rest of it is lying around here somewhere.

3 Likes

Also, check out classifieds. You can typically pick used gear up for a good price, and is likely your best starting point.

1 Like