New York cannabis tax

.05 cents per milligram THC for buds
.08 cents per milligram THC for concentrates
.03 cents per milligram THC for edibles
13% sales tax on top

.05*300mg(30% thc) = $15 a g of tax per gram pre sales tax

.08*850mg = $68 of tax before sales tax.

And blacklist over here checking homegrown and shit off, making it look good… This shit is literally extortion cali profits more than any company in the buisness with no overheads/costs.

We as a community gotta blast this shit publicly fuck these guys, stop and frisk state about to make billions off others work and the general community is thinking this a big move

3 Likes

Per mg of noids or thc?

1 Like

Per MG OF THC, editing thanks

2 Likes

That is the most outrageous taxation I have heard to date

3 Likes

And everyone wanted legalization.
Heres your sign!

Lmfao!

9 Likes

Maybe it will keep companies from putting bogus thc% on meds

Or keep the black market thriving

3 Likes

I mean it does keep the market price over there high like it has always been on the blackmarket so at least the market won’t be destabilized and like any law its just to get on the books so it can be personally reformed by leaders in there market place over there to fit their profit needs like every other law in the legal industry.

More likely it will force companies to sell 5-10% flower.

Do the math for a 1 gram 90% THC distillate cart. These numbers can’t be for real

When we say 0.05 we mean a nickel, not 1/20th of 1 cent?

Edit: I think OP’s numbers may be a little inaccurate. One article says it’s a half a cent per mg of THC of flower but 3 cents per mg of THC in an edible.

3 Likes

It’s insane that the concentrate rate is higher than flower. I bet the thought is to insulate their tax revenues after the price compression from interstate commerce occurs. If so, most other states will replicate the structure.

2 Likes

This would make a 850 mg 1ml cart cost 50 + 68+ 6.5 = 124.5 usd otd
A $60 top shelf 8th at 25% thc would be 60+ 43.75 +7.8 = 111.55 usd otd
Not counting local sales taxes or potential county excise tax

1 Like

I’m not sure how you arrived at that number for a concentrate.

1 Like

Fixed :man_detective: thanks

We also can’t assume the retail price will be $50 for a 1 gram. In saturated/developed markets that’s the going rate but realistically dispensaries are going to trying to put a sticker price of about $70-$100 on a 1 gram cart. More realistically you can expect $50 0.5 gram carts, pretax and 1 gram carts will probably just not exist.

I wish I was kidding but if you compare similar legal markets that’s been the trend.

2 Likes

Plus minimum wage in NY is $15 might end up higher than that wheew crazy

2 Likes

It’s fucking New York guys… Were you really expecting anything different? Fuck that state! After living there, and paying like 35% in taxes I would expect nothing less.
The taxing up here happens to the growers when they sell to distributors. I think it’s $50 bucks flat tax an OZ that is do to be paid at the time of delivery to retail distributors

3 Likes

im happy growing is apart of the bill. black market will still thrive bc of taxes n shit product nyc dispos will churn out

2 Likes

Holy fuck. Find some heirloom cannabis that was thrown to the wayside because it only tested at like 8% thc…it makes sense that there needs to be a lower cost variety.

But who’s going to buy that?
TOURISTS lol

2 Likes

Texas maryjuana tax.

6 Likes

Deviant Ollum will help you open those cuffs and that of many other countries.

Edit: I just realized that other states can legalize after this and take it even further Up the tax ladder.