New to hydroponics, need pro advice

Sooo much wrong with this statement

Because outfitting a grow with a ton of livestock troughs is a good plan…

You recirculate the water so you can maintain the ph, nutrient levels, temperature, and accurate level of the water.

1 Like

I use 2 inch uni-seals between HDX 17 gallon totes with a 55-gallon acting as a reservoir. PITA to setup but no issues with leaks.

3 Likes

Truth!

The uniseals are awesome and I’ve recommended them many a times to people. My only fear is relying on that completely. Not to say it’ll fail. I just trust the bulkheads more

2 Likes

Yeah I know what you mean, I bought some flex seal paste thinking I’d need to patch the seals up with that. Luckily I didn’t because it took 2 months to get the damn flex seal paste! If it ever fails I’ll replace it with something better but man for the price I have no complaints

1 Like

A bucket is a container made of plastic. A livestock watering trough is a container made of better, stronger plastic with a pre formed fitting on the bottom threaded to take pvc so you don’t have to use the crappy grommets that always leak.

Instead of using a bunch of small containers, just use a big one and recirculate the water within it. It is all the same principles. If you don’t like troughs, frame lumber and use pond liner in it. All the concepts are the same, regardless of the materials used.

1 Like

Ok go ahead and fill a massive space indoors with a lot of troughs. :joy:

As someone who does this specifically for a living, I disagree.

1 Like

Most try to go cheap and should stay away from rdwc if you are not gonna use the right parts and make it work right like we do. It’s not easy at all. But my plants prove themselves and I haven’t had to work hard once it was dialed in. Repetitive and easy and slight work is the key for me!

1 Like

It’s not easy and takes tons of work and devotion to the project to get it to the point of being hands free. I’ll never grow another way again. There’s just nothing like it.

2 Likes

Right in brother keep your the good work and never settle there is always more to learn and accomplish.

2 Likes