New Stock Gummy Recipes

copy that. Also, I notice my blue gummy molds perform 3x better than my red molds, despite their age :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hello, I’m trying to get a brand started and need to get the very best equipment and setup for distillate connections and edibles. Any advice is greatly appreciated :pray:

would love to try it!

I am brand new to this forum, I am very interested in a gelatin recipe.

1 Like

2nd reply in this thread has the link.

More:

1 Like

Welcome to the future @PharmD!

The search engine will reveal much info. Try reading this thread first:

2 Likes

Thank you!! I am a pharmacist and do a TON of pharmaceutical compounding. I am working on a few products to help a couple of my patients. Truly appreciate your help!

1 Like

FYI your risking you license compounding cannabinoids as a Pharmacist.
Be safe, licenses dont come easy.

3 Likes

How so? PCCA sells ndc CBD I believe?

Edit: Fagron, Medisca and Letco too looks like

I dont have a clue who your talking about.
The DEA would have a field day with that one.
That’s practiceing out of their defined scope of practice.

The DEA has a fit with a pharmacy selling CBD tinctures. They’d blow their tops finding one compounding CBD.

My first white label gig was for a Pharmacist in Hawaii who got raided by the DEA (for another reason). They gave him the option of selling CBD or selling pharma meds but not both. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

PCCA is probably the biggest API provider in the country for (what’s left) of the compounding pharmaceutical market.

I see CBD being compounded all over the place and available in most pharmacies in my area. Not to mention the big box pharmacies all stock it.

pccacbd

Not saying I’m right here, but how exactly would the DEA have a say in compounding with CBD? Would fall to FDA, no? You are either licensed with DEA or not, they don’t stop by too often. Can you point me to something from the DEA or Hawaii BOP? Genuinely curious, I’ve never heard anyone say this.

I come from a compounding background FWIW, before NECC blew up the market. I’m no PharmD though.

Edit: Just spoke with the last PharmD I worked with and they are telling me it’s definitely a grey area. Not sure anyone is going to be losing their license over it though.

3 Likes

It’s not gray at all, its pretty clear. I’m taking a smoke break from planting the veggie garden, when I’m through I’ll link you the info.

5 Likes

Truly appreciate all of the knowledge and support. All precautions are being taken. I own 4 pharmacies so I am in constant contact with the DEA. I have created a totally separate LLC and all cannabinoid compounding is taking place in a lab that is not licensed as a pharmacy. I have everything totally dialed in except for 1 issue, I cannot seem to rid my final product of the bitter distillate flavor!! I have tried extra citric acid, sucrose, stevia, flavorings, salts, and even bitter blockers. Now what?

3 Likes

So tell us a few things.
What you are using in your recipe?
How big are you gummies, volume?

I wonder what units of measurement a pharmacist would use.

Lol

2 Likes

I have both 1.5ml and 2ml molds. I have spent a long time reading through this forum, I understand some people can get very frustrated with individuals that are novices. I am here out of desperation, I have many young children with cancer and seizure disorders because I am located very close to a large children’s hospital. I initially created a topical product which has worked very well for many but obviously that will only go so far. I now need an oral product that tastes good for children to ensure they receive their therapy. I have spent the past 2 months on my free time working on this with no luck on flavors

2 Likes

Thrrr is a cbd compounding pharmacy in Asheville
I mean, it’s cbd but still, it comes from cannabis

For reference here is a stock compounding formula for proprietary syrup base sildenafil lean. I empathize with how vague a lot of compounding formulas are.

How much distillate are you putting into these molds? If it’s too bitter I would suggest spreading the dose over more gummy.

Have you tried lollipops or hard candy? The sweetness you can get with lollipops using all sorts of stuff like sorbitol70, corn syrup, sugar, xylitol, etc can help mask the taste too and is a bit easier than gummies in my opinion.

Where are you sourcing your flavors and which flavors have you tried?

1 Like

I use Medisca for compounding recipes, I pay an annual membership fee which gives me access to the fully detailed SOPs. I am trying to make 25mg gummies in a 1.5ml cavity. Because of the ages of the children I cannot make lollipops or hard candy. I have tried Lorann flavorings and Medisca’s flavorings

1 Like

I would say that’s too small a mold for your dose, can you go to 3ml with 25mg?

You may be able to change some ratios around or make a more complex sweetness with sorbitol, xylitol, maltitol, corn syrup depending what you have on hand. Have you tried sugar or sour sanding?

If you post your formula or sop, anything really would help.

At what percent of formula? This can make stuff bitter too if you go overboard thinking it’ll mask the distillate.

1 Like

@raghanded is better suited to help you with your flavors.

However I will give you some good nuggets of info.

As stated before, decrease the dose in each candy OR increase the volume. I prefer increasing the volume. Also a sugar coating will erase that bitterness.
Added volume plus sugar coating, FTW.

Edit… lol @raghanded

2 Likes