New pump? BVV prophet

Curious if anyones heard much on it? 28 cfm seems impressive

https://shopbvv.com/products/the-prophet?utm_content=Facebook_UA&utm_source=adtaxi&variant=39453921017952&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=dynamic&fbclid=IwAR03i9BqVKTlTn9p-SvaLcZN9Iwx1hVRaqw9i67dapL8JM24YdBSzXeNEkU_aem_AXMekAG0kiJJxr3v9oDi0DPoDJ_jibJZClnhBJxgN85B6J_euCUDmyV1N4aIM7yM7zG74BMCowDSK-cJMNtrNRXBYUSIaNss5aKYUysFAe7u4GFS9EykzWh4fKhRhztJytY&fs=e&s=cl

1 Like

From the way some of their post pumps performed on the past, I would not believe what they say for even remotely a second. Their last smaller pump was trash, and the numbers were wrong if I remember correctly

Are you talking about there cmep 4cylinder conversion one? My experience with bvv and “there pumps” is that any time i try too find info or anyone currently using it, there never seems to be any. Seems to me they use there customers to do the testing and specs for them after purchase ( like when the 1st gen cmep came out). Could totally be wrong and there just ill informed everytime i talk to anyone there. Thats said for what there asking for that, you might as well get a corken and atleast know there solid data and use behind it.

3 Likes

Same, that’s what I kind of meant by my post. Wouldn’t trust any pump coming from them made by them!

BVV doesn’t make the Prophet.
Perpetual motion pumps (PMP) is the brand and it hooks up to their Anion extractor.

2 Likes

We have looked at different variations of the Corken pump that are now being produced. The T91 is a 3hp single phase motor. This one is a 10hp 3 phase motor. That in itself can be a big disadvantage to this bigger pump. Also, the Corken has a few separation chambers, keeping the oil vapor from reaching the rings and bypassing them. This big pump only has one chamber it looks like. Just looking, it appears that the bigger pump has a greater chance of contaminating your product with oil. Just a couple quick observations.

Disclaimer: I have not put my hands on one of these, my opinions are just from looking at the product and its description. We also have nothing against BVV or PMP. Literally, just my opinion on the pump, not the companies. It might be a great pump and the best thing since sliced bread.

6 Likes
  • Inlet: 1.5” Triclamp
  • Outlet: 1.5” Triclamp

with the right connections it can be for any extractor.

I still think if you have the heating and cooling capabilities, go passive.

1 Like

" Because the pump exceeds the evaporation rate a vacuum is pulled against the collection vessel, which in turn speeds up the evaporation rate. However once vacuum equilibrium is achieved, increasing the pump size will not speed up the process, but will allow for larger (or multiple) processes to be preformed in the same time frame."

…

Fuck me not on this one but wouldn’t that make one assume that you’d eventually start purging your product in the collection during recovery?

1 Like

What we see sometimes is when a recovery pump is used for vacuum or left in vacuum for extended time, it can actually start to pull vacuum past the rings of the pump and pull in anything in the pump case, to include oil or grease vapor, or in the case of the TRS21 and similar, outside air contamination if the case isn’t sealed. This could happen with small and large piston pumps. Just something to keep in mind.

3 Likes

Agreed. Or at least, go as passive as possible.

1 Like

This is outside my price range was more so just curious if anyone has seen it. Only way I’d ever run passive again is dry ice sleeved columns to recover in I refuse to ever put a solvent tank in a bucket of dry ice and deal with that nonsense again haha

I did love the Corken t91 I ran for a while though

3 Likes

We also distribute these pumps, our customers that have purchased these are extremely happy with their performance. I’ve seen em working first hand and they do a very good job recovering and with displacing vapor pressure. However with evaporation rates like so, you need to match it with a proper heating and cooling setup. Most opt for dry ice but you can pair with a badass chiller as well. There is the option to buy the installation kit with the pump as a package for single phase power inverter or for straight three phase which both come with a VFD. This is nice to prevent hard starts and having the ability to control the speed of the motor.

I’d like to see a side by side with the same size piping ran passively vs the pump with the same amount of heating and cooling

2 Likes

I have one in a lab. It is the loudest pump I’ve ever been around, is massively oversized for the setup it’s put on and it spits oil. What’s not to love. Had to put a ball valve in it to my mol sieve doesn’t get blasted with sticky bubbles.
Want to swap it and put it on my X40 from precision and put the GC5000 on the smaller setup since it’s slow af.
Prophet is also completely open which scares the fuck out of me and seems like an extreme liability in an already cramped hood.

2 Likes

You need to have a wax/liquid trap before the pump to ensure the vapors run dry through the pump. On the prophets there have been some problems like that, we’ve sold the prodigies and they don’t have those issues with the oil. Definitely is loud though but not like a room of Haskell loud lol GC5000 also is a great pump, very quite.

1 Like

If you swap that GC for this lmk how it runs

1 Like

I have a trap to catch stuff but that was annoying to figure out. It’s a good pump just not on a small system. The open belt would definely prevent me from ever purchasing another one. I’m terrified my tech is gonna get ripped into the fucking thing. Is there any option for a cover you have seen? @710enigmatic
To clarify one side of the belt is covered but due to the system layout that covered side is facing the wall so is kind of useless

3 Likes

Lol imagine calling welch and asking if they’d fabricate you a case for the belt on your the prophet

1 Like

Just ask the Chinese factory that fabricates Welch’s pump cores.

1 Like