New Mushroom Lab in Oregon

So far so good I tested a few fruits from the same tub

Strain is Thrasher PE

6 Likes

Can you explain how to read the potency on this? What’s desired? What’s average?

Im ignorant

4 Likes

I’m learning myself

So apparently the range for fruits is 0.5% to 1.5%

Which is 5mg/g and 15mg/g

A micro dose is 1-2mg
A breakthrough trip is 25mg
250ug of LSD is similar to 25mg

Anyone feel free to add or correct me if I’m wrong

8 Likes

Those figures agree with what I have seen.

2 Likes

Old fruits can be much worse though like .2

1 Like

I just blended a pound of these TPE into powder and took samples

I’m going to test them 30 days apart and see how they degrade

Each one has 3 samples taken from the same area of the powdered blend. A was center, B was left side and C was right side. Not a perfect test by any means but will still be interesting to see the results

We will get to see the batch homogeneity triple tested and the degradation over the 60 days

9 Likes

That’s a good test, how were they dried?
Also, that is super interesting about the fat area. That’s way more potent than the rest.

1 Like

Overnight 8 hours at 160f
Then 95f for another like 12

Dehydrator

And yes I wonder if that’s repeatable or if it’s just random. I have a feeling these things are very random for potency. Flourish said the caps are usually more potent from what they’ve seen tested but it was the lowest one for me. And pretty bad potency tbh for a penis envy cap

1 Like

That’s why Flourish has a 7 day turn around time!

Cheers,
Sensi

2 Likes

Yes, USUALLY the caps are potent but as we are learning mushroom potency is extremely variable.

The fat neck specimen was the most potent sample tested so far at Flourish Labs.

If anyone has specific questions about the report please let me know. The basics are: the HPLC controls tell how accurate the run was. The target is 125 ng/ul so the closer to 125 the better. Typical accepted range is +/- 20% but Flourish aims for +/- 10%.

The results are the dry weight percentage of the specific analyte. If there is an asterisk for detectable but below the limit of quantitative this number is provided to inform the customer it was detected but the concentration is outside the range of the standard curve and not reliable for precise accuracy.

Thanks for your interest in the testing!

Cheers,
Sensi

4 Likes

First set of results for the blended up pound
I used a ninja blender and then put all the dust in a turkey bag and mixed with a wire wisk to try and blend it as evenly as possible.

Was a pretty ghetto method, the size of the powder could have been more uniform but I just wanted to use what I had on hand. And I had a feeling it might just be good enough and from seeing the test I think it is

‘A’ was the center of the powdered blend, B and C were each taken from a different side of the bag as far away from A as I could get

Easier to read version

9 Likes

so basically your mix is 6 mg active per gram of powder

3 Likes

Yes that’s correct

Apparently the normal range is 5-15mg. Although I’ve already seen 3mg and 18mg from the little amounts I’ve tested

Tpe cap - 3mg
Tpe whole fruit - 5mg
Tpe upper stem - 18mg
Tpe Mix A - 6mg
Tpe Mix B - 6mg
Tpe Mix C - 6mg

7mg average potency. Thrasher Penis Envy Inoculate the West isolate grown from rye to horse manure 1:2. All samples from first flush

4 Likes

With this being said the numbers are so close I’d like to argue that there is no degradation and the % could just be variance within the testing / instrument. It would be funny to see it go up on the 60 day

Edit: I think since I only have 1 set of samples left I am going to wait 90 days before testing them instead of the 60

5 Likes

How were they dried?

Dehydrator, Overnight 8 hours at 160f
Then 95f for another like 12

One to two pounds I forget the amount. It was a full square nesco dehydrator with the racks cut out

This batch size I’m testing was 1 dried pound

3 Likes

The 100 day test is here. I am all out of vac sealed samples so this concludes the test
Big thanks to @Sensimilla13 and Flourish Labs for this little study

12 Likes

That’s awesome, @anon56994712
But that’s just for homogenized material which also promotes more degradation, I think
And did B actually increase in content by 30 days

1 Like

Yeah I would think so. Leaving them untouched until final use would be the best bet (maybe) or I’m sure there is a complicated extraction method that could preserve the compound better but for the average person with a blender this is great news

6 Likes

Dabsolutely